What is a good brand for a dive watch for a reasonable price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scarlet23

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm still new to the diving scene. My husband and I are heading to Cozumel for a dive vacation at Scuba Club. We have always gotten great advice on this site and our dive shop on equipment needed for dives and good brands. I was looking at the following watch for my husband and wanted to know if anyone had any knowledge of this brand or if another brand is better for diving. The brand is:
[h=1]Freestyle Men's FS85008 Precision 2.0 Classic Dive Ana-Dig Dual Time Watch[/h]
Would love some advice!
Sincerely
Scarlet23

I would save your money and put it towards a good dive computer. I've got a drawer full of good dive watches, but only wear a computer while diving since it has the time on it. That's my 2¢.

I use a dive watch day to day as well as for diving because it can take a beating.
Citizen and Seiko make good relatively inexpensive watches good to use well below recreational depths.

I love watches, and I've still never understood why people want watches specifically for diving. I've got a Tag, a Seiko, and a Citizen that I love dearly. I'll take any of them on a dive in warm water when I'm only diving shorts or my shorty. If I'm diving a long wetsuit or a drysuit, my watch stays on shore. That's not because the watches can't handle it, but because there's no need for them. The only reason I'll wear any of them on warm water dives is because I have one of them on anyway and don't feel like having to take it off. I never use them, though.

I use a G-Shock Mudman (with a spg) as backup for my computer. It's my every day non-dress watch as well.

If you're looking for the classic style rotating bezel dive watch, check out the Momentum / St Moritz line. I've had mine now for 7 yrs and have been very satisfied with it. Cost is a little over $100.00. For digital, I don't think you can beat the G-Shocks for quality and value.

Another St. Moritz/Momentum fan here.

Chug
Format 4
SLK
Coral Sea
M50-DSS
(Canadian watch fan)

G-shock G-Lide

I have one and for about $90 it's a very useful watch. Also I like the low profile compared to my old G-Shock Frogman.

Citizen Ecodrive or Seiko, google Orange Monster or get the famous SKX007. Both Seikos are automatics meaning they are fully mechanical watches with a self winding spring powered movement. The Ecodrives use light to recharge a quartz drive, electric stepping motor.

I had a St Moritz, quality kind of chintzy but it worked well for several years. Until I took it off while servicing a nose strut on a jet and forgot it and the jet ran over it. Not pretty. My wife still has one, the bezel fell off and then she forgot to screw the crown down (her mistake) and it flooded. Decent cheap watch at a hundred dollars.

N

Back
Top Bottom