What is a good brand for a dive watch for a reasonable price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think most people in your situation (new divers going on a tropical dive vacation) would find a dive computer more useful than a dive watch.

If buying new I would stick to Nitrox capable computers - you can get new ones for around $200-300 that may be all the dive computer you ever need.

I have a Citizen Promaster Sea. Please be aware that automatic watches are orders of magnitude less precise than quartz ones. I have to adjust mine every couple of days because it goes forward 30 seconds per day. You also have to wear them or wind them manually since the winding only lasts for 30 hours.

the famous SKX007. Both Seikos are automatics meaning they are fully mechanical watches with a self winding spring powered movement.
N

I've got the Seiko and love it but I would never wear it diving. dive watches for diving went the way of the buggy whip.

Citizen Aqualand eco-drive will give you most of you need with the exception of the nitrox capability. All the rest is there.

Computers are ugly work beasts , watches are nicer beast, this watch has some of both.

Back
Top Bottom