What Info On Diving The SC Lowcountry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCDiver:
Also, if you want me to add references down towards your area SeaJay, send me all the dive shops contact info and some reputable hotels as well.

Thanks

Dive shops and hotels? There's a single dive shop here... And more than a few decent hotels. But why would you need either? :D We'll find a place for you here.

SCDiver:
Ok I got rid of the ones you mentioned, if anyone knows of others that should not be on the list please advise, as I am strictly doing this by myself on my home server, there is no way I can know or dive all of these so by all means provide feedback so I can get this updated. Also, if you want me to add references down towards your area SeaJay, send me all the dive shops contact info and some reputable hotels as well.

Thanks

They are still showing up. Also, the ones I mentioned were just on the first page. You need to go through the whole database. I flipped through it and even saw a listing for a VA wreck and a FL wreck. Again, review the lat/long and start weeding out the ones that aren't off SC...

Gary Gentile recently published a good book about SC shipwrecks - check it out.

Check out WWW.CharlestonDiving.com . It is a non-profit lowcountry diving community website. It has areas for local fossil reports, Spearfishing reports, diving reports and local discussions.

Mike, do you know where I would be able to get a copy of that book of SC wrecks you spoke of? We actively dive off Charleston in 100-150' every weekend and would love to check out a few of the less popular wrecks. I have enjoyed your videos you posted on spearboard.com a while back. If you say It is worth getting I will jump on it.

SCDIVER, that database is AWOIS downloaded from Noaa. I remember because i forwarded it to you. :)

Good to see you, charleston... :D Site's lookin' good. I haven't seen it since the renovation.

How are you getting offshore?

Thanks SeaJay, We dive from my buddies 36' Bertram Moppi with Twin Yanmar diesels. Cruises at 27 kts. Mostly spearfishing in 100-130' ledges and live bottom. Planning on some 150-160's this summer.

SeaJay:
Good to see you, charleston... :D Site's lookin' good. I haven't seen it since the renovation.

How are you getting offshore?

Well... Let me know the next time you need a buddy... Or the next time you'd like to try out the Port Royal Sound. :D

Doesn't matter to me if someone shoots or doesn't. I would like to find some of the less known wrecks to try off Charleston. I have over 400 different sets of numbers for live bottom and ledges offshore but no wrecks other than the known artificial reefs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom