What in the Heck Happened Here...?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
Yeah, I know Clay. I could just store all my rolls of film until I get back from Utila. They don't have processing there, you know. :eyemouth:

Oh, I think I'll take the lap top, two digi cams, card reader, etc so I can download, review, maybe edit every evening - then adjust my shooting for the next day, rather than the next trip. :D

There are lots of Blue Holes, even San Antonio has one, but you ever dive the one in Santa Rosa New Mexico...?? :bandit_2: Pretty exciting stuff eh?

But I was able to show these pics to my non-diving trip companion over lunch the same day. :sgrin:

Wow!! Great pic of a cowfish skeleton!

Well, I can't tell if I'm making progress or not...??

(1) I reformatted the SD card, separately reformatted the camera, put the same SD card back in the same camera - and duplicated the problem. :looking_a Based on [/B]RonFrank's informative discussion, I suspected the SD card

(2) But, when I put the SD card in a different camera, no problem...?

(3) When I tried a different SD card in the suspected camera, no problem...?

Which do I send in for warranty - the camera, the SD card, both...?

As close as I cam to a trip, I guess I'll leave the new card in the suspected dive camera, hoping for the best; leave the suspected SD card in a cheap, back-up land camera; and see what happens in the next several hundred pics. :confused:

DandyDon:
Well, I can't tell if I'm making progress or not...??

Which do I send in for warranty - the camera, the SD card, both...?

Neither.....But the problem is with the SD card from your description of the results of your troubleshooting. The SD card is most likely operating within "manufacturers specifications", meaning.......it's cheap and has a poor threshold for data accuracy in storage or transfer…or both.

When I say cheap, I’m not talking about how much it costs, I’m talking about how it’s built and to what level of accuracy it is meant to operate. Unfortunately the average consumer has not been educated and/or given enough information to differentiate the good from the bad. Heck, even I have trouble finding enough information to make that choice when it comes to selecting a good memory card!

A little follow up on my memory card glitches:

I was using a 256Meg CF card in my little Canon A10 (the one that was butchering the odd photo). With the comparatively small file sizes I was rarely using too much memory on the card, as I download at the end of every shoot.

My A95 arrived a week ago so of course the 256 went in to that and one of my other cards in to the A10. Now with the larger file sizes of course I'm using more memory on the card and after a couple of dozen shots or so it crashes with a "Memory Card Error". Consistently, and without the card being anywhere near full.

I throw a 64Meg card in the A95 and I can fill the card without a hitch.

Coincidence? I think not! LOL

This was exactly what was happening on my camera. Reefmaster DC 310. I sent the memory card back to the company and got a new one. No more problems. Hope this helps.

OceanusDC:
This was exactly what was happening on my camera. Reefmaster DC 310. I sent the memory card back to the company and got a new one. No more problems. Hope this helps.
Yes sir it does indeed, thanks :)

This is what I got back from the Card company. I'm going to keep it until I get back from Utila - using it for backup, then probably send it in anyway.

Thank you for contacting Lexar.

We apologize for the inconvenience encountered while using our product.

From your email we understand the problem that you get some bad images in your card.

Please chick the card in some other camera.

Please take a back up of the data before formatting the card.

To fix the issue format the card on a computer using card reader.

Follow the instructions given below,

1. Double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop.

2. Using My Computer, identify the Card drive letter.

3. Left-click the Card icon to highlight it and then right-click it.

4. On the pop-up menu select Format.

5. At the Format - Removable Disk (x) screen select Full format. Please format in FAT

6. Click Start. The Format Results - Removable Drive (x :) screen appears

7. Click Close.

Even after formatting the card if the issue is not resolved then please get back to us, we will replace the card.

This is your Email Response Tracking Number 441202.Please use this number for future reference.

If you have further inquiries, please don't hesitate to review our online support pages at http://www.lexar.com.

Here you may find answers to many of the most common questions asked by our members.

You may also contact our Live Chat Support at http://www.lexar.com/support/index.html by clicking on the “Chat with a Live Support” under the “Support” section, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

For further assistance contact us at (510) 413-1275 during regular business hours, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom