What I want, and I bet I'm not the only one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... trimix ...

I'm a dozen years older than you with at least ten times the dives. I'm very happy with my current diving and don't anticipate any significant changes. I dive nearly entirely within recreational limits, very occasionally below 130 feet, about 1%. The vast majority of my dives are no-stop, about 5% with very light deco. Nothing is certain, but it is very unlikely that I will pursue additional training /technical diving.

That being said, even though I wouldn't need it, I'd be glad to use a computer with the capability and simply not use it. I don't need the 3 gases my current VT3 has.

Most [not diving] studies I see citing oxidative stress seem to be done on 100% O2. All I see about mild hyperoxia is it is "usually well tolerated by humans". Nonetheless, if I had a choice -- all other things being equal and all that -- between 36% O2, 63% N2 or 20% O2, 63% N2, 16% He, I'd choose the latter.

Edit: -- on dives with long SS/shallow tail end anyway. I got a bit carried away on narcosis and toxicity there and didn't think of the longer off-gassing time.

Last edited:
My dream computer:
Uwatec Pro Nitrox with gauge mode and no stupid start up program after change of battery.
I don't mind the oil because I don't have to worry about flooding after messing around with the battery. I don't need AI, multi gases or He, colour display, background light etc etc.
I just need a simple computer to do a simple job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom