what/how to say 'wtf are you doing?'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure about other agencies, but this is from the NACD website: NACD Training

Apprentice to Cave
Although the NACD strongly supports and encourages the four-day Full Cave Diver course, it recognizes that some students may benefit from a program that provides for two separate two-day courses to attain the Full Cave Diver level. The Apprentice Cave Diver course is taught in a minimum of two days with a minimum of four dives in double cylinders. The emphasis of this course is an introduction to jump and gap procedures and continual improvement of the procedures, skills and emergency drills previously presented at the Cavern and Intro to Cave courses.

Full Cave
The cave diver course is one of the most advanced certifications available today. It is taught in a minimum of four days with a minimum of eight dives. The emphasis of this course is equipment configuration, decompression problem solving, jumps, circuits, traverses, and surveying.

The biggest difference standing out to me is circuits and traverses.

We did 2 circuits in apprentice class...guess that was a nono?

Not like there's many difficult traverses to be done in FL anyways, I think I could do the Grand Traverse and not break intro standards.

We did 2 circuits in apprentice class...guess that was a nono?

Not like there's many difficult traverses to be done in FL anyways, I think I could do the Grand Traverse and not break intro standards.

there are some difficult ones in tallahassee :p

Just wait till I connect the deep section in JB to Diepolder III...

.... swimming.

go for it, mat! oh, wait, do you have your extreme swimming and cave connecting certs?

Well dang, other than at what level it's OK to start stretching things a bit, looks like we agree :wink:

...however the more I think about this, if we go down one level further and a cavern diver were to do basic cave dives, I'd not be OK with that at all. I think it's because I know the level of skills taught in cavern isn't enough to handle cave emergencies, but I do think that basic cave divers can handle the really easy jumps.

"It depends" :popcorn:

Indeed :)
I try as much as possible t stay out of "other peoples" business. Sometimes I dont succeed though :)

i think that's the key, nick. i agree that people have a right to do stupid things. it's when their stupid things cross over into being my business that i need to say something to *them* and not just mutter & do the eye shifty thing at my buddy.

i just have to know where that 'my business' line is, and what to say when it's breached.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom