What have you done to impress your buddies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firstly an apology to the french people that read this.............

However, french television is totally devoid of any form of advanced humour. After some of the all time classics being on TV when I was a kid in the UK I feel thoroughly deprived (and depraved??) at the moment.

Amazon.co.uk is my friend. They have sold me a lot of DVDs

Jon T

A few things I was impressed by...

Buddy of mine in Utila signaled something wrong then pointed at his rear...I was confused at first but as he swam over behind a rock outcrop, it dawned on me. The next picture I have in my mind is the bloke with his shorts around his ankles hovering in about 40fsw "lettin' it go" There was a lot of fish who appreciated it more than I. I could not stop laughing and blew through about 800 psi before I regained my composure.

Diving in Howe Sound at a site known as Ansel Point - we were at about 90 fsw interacting with a wolf eel when here comes this big black shadow...It turned out to be a freediver with a monofin he stopped briefly, signalled out of air then dissapeared into the darkness.

someone using their BCD inflator/deflator to breathe from...

Personally I like to drop over walls like a parachuter in slo mo when I get to about 15 ft from my planned bottom depth I then begin to inflate my drysuit. I take pride in staying exactly at my planned depth for whatever period of time was agreed on.

Cruising around Malibu Pier, (20 ft.), I stayed down for 110 mins. on an al 80.

Found a spear shaft underwater, and replaced the tip he'd just had snap.

One of these two, I guess.

Aquamore:
Hey Paulov

Were you practicing Air sharing with your buddies that day?

nope, i was just so relaxed as i was just guiding the route and not exactly taking care of the group as they were all AOW. and practicing yoga breathing on that dive. save a lto of air, however cauld not do the same when an OW is with us.

one time a buddy of mine agreed to go on a dive with me at 40ft to 50ft. depth range and the resort got a little worried as we were dropped off by boat to a not so distant point and were informed that we would just get back on our own. it took us 1 hour and 10 mins later to surface at the resorts' pier. there was a mild current towards the resort from our drop off point hence almost no effort on our side. CRUISIN'! :burnout:

paolov

I'm just impressed with Aquamore's special stunts.

Really, I'm impressed!

Played the psi game with a friend. Everyone was expecting me (6foot/175)to get to 500psi first, but she (5ft2/125) got the 500 while I had 1100left.

Also see the "coldest dive ever" thread for my stupid 39degree 5mil wetsuit-with-holes-in-it dive. That was pure stupidity, but did impress some people.

Ryan

rcrs007:
Also see the "coldest dive ever" thread for my stupid 39degree 5mil wetsuit-with-holes-in-it dive. That was pure stupidity, but did impress some people.

Ryan
Sorry, rcrs, gotcha beat on that one. I spent 10 minuts in 43°F water last May, just to see if I could. Doesn't sound too bad, until you realize I was in my 2mm shorty wetsuit....

First of all let me say that I AM TRULY IMPRESSED by what you SCUBABOARD members are impressed by. Whether it be:

- submerging naked (with-holes-in-your-skin) under ice for 2 hours on a single 80cft cylinder with a mere 10 psi, and surfacing in the 'Full Lotus' yoga position wearing Ray Ban Spectacles with 3000 psi to thunderous applause and chants of "We are so impressed that we almost Free-falled to the bottom of the Pacific".

or

- having de-fogging wipers attached to the outside of my mask to clear those "Something wrong", trick f@rts practiced by appreciative fish dressed as mischevious buddies

or perhaps

- finding spears and other weapons of mass destruction around Malabu pier in a typhoon whilst the monofinned 'Black-shadow' spends 30 seconds reciting all the known French-Canadian jokes to a TF1 TV crew who have nothing to protect themselves with, (except a little zip wax in the ears maybe?) from this most hilarious of humour ,which includes cake-eating peasants and the odd beheading!

My how the long winter nights must just fly by with all these impressive stunts!

Keep them coming, I love to hear about them, and I'm adding you all, to my buddy list

Back
Top Bottom