What have you done to impress your buddies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What have I done?
Last week in the pool in my drysuit we were practicing removal of the drysuit inflater hose - well, we'd done this a couple of times and I saw one of them pointing towards my weightbelt - yup I did it in 2.5 meters in a drysuit I took off my weightbelt and the laws of physics took over - Songs like Climb Every mountain started firing in my brain as I looked below to see 5 divers cracked up laughing on the bottom. Yup, they were impressed and I doubt I'll ever hear the end of it! They waited till the last 3 minutes before we had to get out to remind me of how impressive my rendition of Rocket Man truely was ..... :) I think it's gonna be a long long time .....

Aquamore:
What have you done to impress your buddies?
My regular buddy tends to get seasick. He finds it quite impressive that I can eat lunch during our SI. :D

Then there was the time I did some synchonised swimming with a dolphin!

I once donated my long hose to a buddy befor he had a chance to signal me low on air after checking his pressure gauge. He was pretty impressed at the time.

I'm not there to impress anyone. Diving is a recreational sport that you should enjoy and do it safely. Perhaps the question can be worded differently.

salty:
I once donated my long hose to a buddy befor he had a chance to signal me low on air after checking his pressure gauge. He was pretty impressed at the time.

That's telepathic - i was just thinking the same thing myself!

jriderski:
I'm not there to impress anyone. Diving is a recreational sport that you should enjoy and do it safely. Perhaps the question can be worded differently.

whewwww jriderski.....just havin' a little fun here.......just breath slowly now and it will pass!

I found my buddies anchor and line, that I had managed to loose the week before. I don't know who was more impressed though, him for me finding it(piece of cake) or me for finding it and not having to buy him another one, to the tune of $400.

I was diving with a buddy that I had never dove with before, a little ways into the dive I notice him stuggling with staying neutral, not enough weight. I look a round find a decent size rock and hand it over. I get a very strange look at first and then I see a big smile and a major thank you back on the surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom