What has it got in its pocketses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zept

Contributor
Reaction score
We've done save-a-dive kits (see also here, or here [scroll down] for NetDoc's save-an-entire-dive-boat-using-only-the-right-tools kit). What about the things you take with you on the dive -- things you might not use, but wouldn't want to be without if you needed them?

I have:
-- whistle
-- safety sausage
-- small torch
-- small slate (still debating its usefulness)
-- buddy line (new addition -- not sure about that, either)

No magic rings (ref: The Hobbit) b/c my buddy doesn't like it if I vanish :shaking:

What have you got in your pockets, or clipped on somewhere?

Zept

I carry the following:

Backup depth gauge with a watch attached to it
Shears
Wetnotes
Little light

I think that's it. Everything is clipped off to bungies in the pocket.

Mike

What about the things you take with you on the dive -- things you might not use, but wouldn't want to be without if you needed them?

Attached to BC....
Shears and small knife
SMB and small jump reel

In BC pocket....
Small PCa light
DiveRite™ UW Executive Slate
Small bottle of defog

If diving in open ocean, I have a Dive Alert attached in-line on my inflator hose.

Lets see...

Wetnotes or Tables
EMT Shears
Goodie bag or Extra liftbag/safty sausage.
Jon Line
Spool

Eric

Right pocket - thing I will use on the dive: delrin spool with 100' line, wetnotes (see note)

Left pocket - backups for the dive: spare mask, shears, dive-alert, extra double-end bolt snap

All items clipped off to pocket bungee with double-end SS bolt snaps.

(note: wet notes cost $22 at 5thD and $14 at West Marine)

Like so much of diving, the answer to the question depends on the dive. But I almost always carry a sissy line, a slate, a light, and if in open water a safety sausage. Outside the pockets I often carry a lift bag and almost always a spool.
Rick

People with Wetnotes: do you have stuff written on them that you might want to refer to, or are you recording stuff during the dive? Or both?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom