What happened to the thread on the Porteau Cove accident?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepdiverbc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I can't find the Porteau Cove thread. Was it deleted?

I realize that it got a bit out of hand with a few posts that contained wild speculation and flaming but those specific posts were deleted prior to the whole thread disappearing.

deepdiverbc:
I can't find the Porteau Cove thread. Was it deleted?
I realize that it got a bit out of hand with a few posts that contained wild speculation and flaming but those specific posts were deleted prior to the whole thread disappearing.
Yeah, it was just taking too much time to keep it within the bounds of sanity, and we had too many whines...
Too bad.
Hope it doesn't happen too often.
Rick

A shame that it had to be deleted.
I wish we could discussed it in a more mature way

I agree that it is too bad it had to be deleated.

I found it informative to be able to debate our differing views on postable sources and there were some posts on the thread that were quite close to the source that had specific information relevent to the cause of the accident.

deepdiverbc:
I agree that it is too bad it had to be deleated.

I found it informative to be able to debate our differing views on postable sources and there were some posts on the thread that were quite close to the source that had specific information relevent to the cause of the accident.
I had the impression that the source you're talking about, was the one that "whined".
He/She sounded pretty upset

aquaoren:
I had the impression that the source you're talking about, was the one that "whined".
He/She sounded pretty upset

No I wasn't referring to him and I am willing to give him a lot of freedom to state his feelings as he seemed to be impacted personally. Nuff said.

I recall a couple of other posters who had talked to the rescue divers.

deepdiverbc:
No I wasn't referring to him and I am willing to give him a lot of freedom to state his feelings as he seemed to be impacted personally. Nuff said.

I recall a couple of other posters who had talked to the rescue divers.
If yoy are talking about Henry, I agree.
He really was doing a lot to get us first hand information. The only one actually, who stood up, went out and got the info. Eventhough he posted some second hand information, he was man enough to stand up and say: my first info was wrong.
This is the way it should be done and I think we all appreciate it.
If Henry would join us and we would thread very easily and politely, maybe we could get more info without the thread being pulled again :wink:

aquaoren:
If yoy are talking about Henry, I agree.
He really was doing a lot to get us first hand information. The only one actually, who stood up, went out and got the info. Eventhough he posted some second hand information, he was man enough to stand up and say: my first info was wrong.
This is the way it should be done and I think we all appreciate it.
If Henry would join us and we would thread very easily and politely, maybe we could get more info without the thread being pulled again :wink:

Thanks for the pat on the back. :10: But I don't have anything new to share at all and I have posted what I know already.

I will definately acknowledge that I need to be real careful about what I put in cyber space. Having spoken to the recovery diver who phsically touched the body. I think I was pretty good with the information. But some of the stuff in the earlier posts were definately second hand (which I noted).

Next time the details will come from the source only. Nothing else. Sorry if I offended anyone or broke any posting rules.

Thanks
Henry

Henry:
Thanks for the pat on the back. :10: But I don't have anything new to share at all and I have posted what I know already.

I will definately acknowledge that I need to be real careful about what I put in cyber space. Having spoken to the recovery diver who phsically touched the body. I think I was pretty good with the information. But some of the stuff in the earlier posts were definately second hand (which I noted).

Next time the details will come from the source only. Nothing else. Sorry if I offended anyone or broke any posting rules.

Thanks
Henry

Your information that you posted from your discussion with the recovery diver was valuable. It's too bad it was deleted along with the rest.

Unfortunately, I don't believe we'll get more information and will never know what really happened.
I think we can all agree how important it is to monitor your air and leave a comfortable amount that would be able to bring you and your buddy up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom