What Happened to that thread???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now the Florida section is divided and one has to switch back and forth to view trip threads and general topic discussion.
Actually, its been divided for some time now. It is only now that I went in to do some spring cleaning (need a smilie that is sweeping)

... what constitutes a trip? " Hey heading for blah blah Spring tomorrow" or is it the big ticket items.."planning a week in Bonaire"?
Here is the link on what is a commerical vs. private trip.
http://www.scubaboard.com/faq.php?faq=tos_items#faq_commercial_private_trips_info

And what is the deal with the redundancy between "trips" and "private. Which do we read and post to?
Trips is simply the heading for the sub forums Private and Commerical. You cannot post to Trips

Actually, its been divided for some time now. It is only now that I went in to do some spring cleaning (need a smilie that is sweeping)

As someone has already stated, "It's a complicated solution to a non problem" :colgate: :palmtree: Bob

I concur with those above who think that this is a complex solution to a non-problem. I liked the (de facto) one-forum solution we had before. The main forum/private/trips structure doesn't make sense to me.

-- Joe

I'm glad that my post didn't start anything nasty, but I didn't expect it to HERE. This has to one of the most civil and active groups on the web - if not THE most active and most civil.

It's a pleasure being associated with each and every one of you, and this site has had a profound favorable impact on my SE Florida experience. My only complaint is that I haven't seen enough of everybody this winter.

Cheers to Jenny & ScubaBoard, regardless of an extra click or two!!!!! I know we all agree.

MikeJacobs:
My only complaint is that I haven't seen enough of everybody this winter.

Mr Mike, I do not resemble that remark. Your social life has torn us apart. We are not able to spend much Quality time together. LOL

Where's the Beer??

Joe

Ms. or Mrs. Honorable Web Master, if it please the court, I would like to add my annoying little voice to thase who prefer to leave at least our day trips in the general section. After all, planning day trips to dive together is probably one the biggest benefits to this forum. With these left in the general forum, it makes it a lot easier to pick up on dives that we might be interested in, & still check out all the other threads. However, that is just my humble opinion, & I've only been haunting this area of the board for a couple of weeks.

scuba_jenny:
Trips is simply the heading for the sub forums Private and Commerical. You cannot post to Trips

Ah. Sorry, my mistake.

Chuck

Nota problem

scubafool:
Ms. or Mrs. Honorable Web Master, if it please the court, I would like to add my annoying little voice to thase who prefer to leave at least our day trips in the general section. After all, planning day trips to dive together is probably one the biggest benefits to this forum. With these left in the general forum, it makes it a lot easier to pick up on dives that we might be interested in, & still check out all the other threads. However, that is just my humble opinion, & I've only been haunting this area of the board for a couple of weeks.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. If you look at it the other way around, its easier. Instead of looking in the general area for trips, you can think of it as the trip area doesn't have any posts on general information. This makes finding the day trips easy. Its kinda like the rose analogy....you can complain cause roses have thorns, or rejoice cause thorn bushes have roses...

Oh, BTW, anytime somebody calls me Ms. or Mrs. they usually want something from me that I am not willing to give up....Jenny is fine...:)

scuba_jenny:
Oh, BTW, anytime somebody calls me Ms. or Mrs. they usually want something from me that I am not willing to give up....Jenny is fine...:)

LOL. I'll remember that one Ms. W. :D

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom