What happened to L.B.I. scuba ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

imukdiver

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey does anybody know what happened to LBI scuba ? Called their number and was told it was disconnected. Did they close ? Plus also what happened to the dive boat Ursula as well ? Was hoping to do a south jersey wreck dive in september and it seems everybody dissappeared. :confused:

Long gone. Store's been empty since it moved to Beach Haven.

Never heard of Ursula.

Try the Tuna Seazure out of Tuckerton, or maybe come up and join us on the Gypsy Blood out of Brielle!

Ray

Rats that sucks, they were in the perfect spot if you needed something in the morning. Thanks for the gypsy invite been about two years since i was last on it. Looked at their calendar have to see if they still have room on their stolt trip. And thanks for the info on LBI.

Last edited:
Yes, sadly LBI is gone but the Ursula is livin' large (54') and lovin' life in Sea Isle City. Good boat and crew. She's on www.eastcoastdiving.com 's schedule a couple of times in September. The Dina Dee (my personal favorite NJ boat, FWIW), out of Barnegat Light, is VERY active through several shops. www.dinadee.com HTH

The Dina Dee (my personal favorite NJ boat, FWIW), out of Barnegat Light, is VERY active through several shops.

Always enjoyed my experiences on Dina Dee, and were I not crewing on Gypsy Blood I'd get out with them more often since I'm down on LBI every weekend.

But I'm a bit too used to getting out to and back from the wreck at a brisk 20kts, and when I'm on the Dina Dee I feel like I wanna jump off and swim ahead!

:D

Thanks for the update F106A. I just got done looking at east coast site. Gonna try to get on the city of athens trip. I LOVE THAT FRICKIN WRECK.

Thanks for the update F106A. I just got done looking at east coast site. Gonna try to get on the city of athens trip. I LOVE THAT FRICKIN WRECK.
My pleasure, imuk---. I "made my bones" on that wreck a few years back. Good wreck, good boat. Maybe we'll meet up there.
Until that time,
F106a

Back
Top Bottom