What happened to Deep Fathom Supply?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi Neighbors,

I bought a Teknodiver Super Duty Commercial drysuit from a place called Deep Fathom Supply eight or nine years ago. The zipper finally gave up and I wanted to find a replacement. It's a very heavy duty zipper and others I have seen don't match the ruggedness of this zipper.

Their address was 2645 Harbor Ave. S.W. in Seattle. The lady's name was Phyllis that answered the phone and helped me.
Does anybody know what happened to Deep Fathom or are they even still around?
I've never been up there so I don't know the lay of the land.
Does anybody know if there is someplace else in that area that handles Teknodiver drysuits now?
Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Eric

Deep Fathom was a nice shop. Phyllis and her husband were forced out of the location by the landlord ... who needed the space for their own business ... and they decided to retire rather than try to rebuild their business somewhere else.

I miss them ... their shop was very conveniently located, and Phyllis was like everyone's favorite diving auntie ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ah bummer.
She sounded real nice over the phone.

A guy named Craig Gillespie (sp) turned me on to those Teknodiver suits. I saw him in Monterey once teaching and he was wearing one. He moved up to Seattle and was working through a shop up there, maybe even Deep Fathom. He had some special gig going and would make a trip down to monterey from Seattle every few months to teach.
I knew him from a shop he worked at in Santa Rosa.

Hi Neighbors,

I bought a Teknodiver Super Duty Commercial drysuit from a place called Deep Fathom Supply eight or nine years ago. The zipper finally gave up and I wanted to find a replacement. It's a very heavy duty zipper and others I have seen don't match the ruggedness of this zipper.

Their address was 2645 Harbor Ave. S.W. in Seattle. The lady's name was Phyllis that answered the phone and helped me.
Does anybody know what happened to Deep Fathom or are they even still around?
I've never been up there so I don't know the lay of the land.
Does anybody know if there is someplace else in that area that handles Teknodiver drysuits now?
Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Eric

I know this is no where near your area, but you might contact Steve Gamble at Gamble Scuba and see if he offers any heavy duty replacements. He's pretty damn reasonable, does great work and has fantastic service every time I've dealt with him. People ship stuff to him from all over.

I know this is no where near your area, but you might contact Steve Gamble at Gamble Scuba and see if he offers any heavy duty replacements. He's pretty damn reasonable, does great work and has fantastic service every time I've dealt with him. People ship stuff to him from all over.

Cool thanks,
I'll look him up and see what he can do.
What city is he in?

You're welcome. Let us know how things work out.

ZKY, deep fathom supply number is 206 284 7738.

Craig has dive shop, seattle scuba schools, he has deep fathom's suppliers, and teknodiver suits.

One of the two should help your search for a good zipper.

Happy Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom