What happened to Deep Blu Cosmiq?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I downloaded it from the Play store right after getting the second Cosmiq off eBay a couple weeks ago. I also downloaded an app to back it up so was able to extract the APK file. Its on another device right now and not sure if this site allows uploading something like that. I just checked and it's still on the Play store.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Hello, thank you for sharing detailed instructions on how to find the APK, and how to get past the login screen. That is very helpful. I think it would best to stop there, and not upload the APK itself to ScubaBoard, or post a direct link to it on DropBox, a torrent, or any similar type of distribution channel.

There is one issue of DeepBlu's intellectual property which we don't want to run afoul of. And a separate issue is that I don't have a way to verify that uploaded APK's are actually safe and not tampered with. Not to accuse you of distributing malware or anything, but it's something that we don't have control over, so can't really condone. A link to an official app store such as Google Play should be fine. Cheers, carry on.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Hello, thank you for sharing detailed instructions on how to find the APK, and how to get past the login screen. That is very helpful. I think it would best to stop there, and not upload the APK itself to ScubaBoard, or post a direct link to it on DropBox, a torrent, or any similar type of distribution channel.

There is one issue of DeepBlu's intellectual property which we don't want to run afoul of. And a separate issue is that I don't have a way to verify that uploaded APK's are actually safe and not tampered with. Not to accuse you of distributing malware or anything, but it's something that we don't have control over, so can't really condone. A link to an official app store such as Google Play should be fine. Cheers, carry on.
Yeah. Understood. The app is a free download so shouldn't be a problem of IP but I understand you're concern. Ditto on the safety of the apk. It's still on the official Play store, not sure why the other poster cannot find it, I just downloaded it tonight.

I tried to upload the Apk file but it's too big, the site won't let me upload it
Also, FYI, one of the moderator has let me know that they don't allow this as they cannot confirm if the APK is free from malware, etc.

I would suggest finding it on the Google Play store, download it and get an APK extractor program to extract the APK yourself to provide your own backup of the app in case you need to reinstall it later.

Back
Top Bottom