What else can you do at Coz if it rains whole day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Um, not sure I understand the problem. I rarely let rain stop a dive... in fact I often get my best video underwater when it is raining topside thanks to the more even lighting. It's a warm tropical rain down there, I assume. The only time rain interferes here is when it is also real cold and thick overcast... surface intervals are a bummer under those circumstances and there isn't as much light to film with.

colder down, did you get your question(s) answered?

Good. Now, open mouth and insert foot! :D

It usually does rain every day, could be a morning shower, or an afternoon shower, could be an all day downpoor. That usually wont stop the boats from going out. Personally i would recommend Blue XTC, but as the owner is having some family problems back in Texas, i dont know if Blue XTC is open, i would assume it is. If they do close the port, you can always hop on the ferry, and head of to the ruins on mainland, but stay away from Tourist Traps. The best shopping for stuff is usually about 1 or 2 streets behind the main plaza. Take a trip over to Coconuts on the other side of the island.

You can go on an ATV tour of the center part of the islands around some of the mayan ruins on Cozumel, but like i said, the best ruins close by are on the mainland.

My foot is in my mouth now. I was at Maui in one Nov. and it rained so hard that the water turned into yellow. Well, I hope this trip won't end like that.

Colder down

We are out of Houston so our airfare cost less. We are staying at Hotel Cozumel, nothing fancy but great for a quick get away. We have dove with Scuba Club and Dive Paridise in the past but might try someone new this trip.

How about ya'll, who are you using for your dive op?

Don't drink yellow water, no drink yellow water, it's probably beer :shelli:

Personally i would recommend Blue XTC, but as the owner is having some family problems back in Texas, i dont know if Blue XTC is open, i would assume it is.

???? Why would you think the shop might not be open because the OWNER is sitting with her father in intensive care??

Blue XTSea Diving has a fully competent staff and crew who handle two boats (AND the office) at all times unless the ports are closed.

Even when Christi is out of town, she's in constant contact with her staff. They all know how to handle their jobs and get divers out. Christi is the one who personally replies to reservation requests, so that is the one thing that might be slightly slowed down while she's helping family with a medical crisis.

That place runs like a well-oiled machine, give 'em a call!

NDH, I will go out with Aldora. I like their tanks because I enjoy sucking air.:blinking: Next time, I will get a hotel at the southern zone.

???? Why would you think the shop might not be open because the OWNER is sitting with her father in intensive care??

Blue XTSea Diving has a fully competent staff and crew who handle two boats (AND the office) at all times unless the ports are closed.

Even when Christi is out of town, she's in constant contact with her staff. They all know how to handle their jobs and get divers out. Christi is the one who personally replies to reservation requests, so that is the one thing that might be slightly slowed down while she's helping family with a medical crisis.

That place runs like a well-oiled machine, give 'em a call!

What suzbo said!!

We are diving with Blue XT Sea Jan. 20th - 24th and have no worries that we will be well taken care of and receive the same great service that has made them our exclusive dive op choice whenever we go to Coz.
We'll certainly miss Christi if she isn't there, but we KNOW that we will still be getting one of the best diving experiences available on Coz.

Hi Colder Down

I have been thinking about going with them also. They gave me a quick email reply. Where Dive Pardise has not respounded to either one of their emails.

What day are you going down? For us its Saturday morning out of Houston.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom