what drysuit would you choose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW, Whites suits are made in Canada, in case this is important to you.

... to my concern, that's one of the things they've got going for them.

Back when I owned a Fusion I had the opportunity to go bring the suit to their factory on Vancouver Island to get the Fusion boots installed. Got to see how the suits are made while they were working on mine.

How many people can say that about their drysuit manufacturer ... wish I could've learned to love the suit, but it just wasn't the right suit for me. I'm happier with my TLS350 and my Santi eSpace suits ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I got a Whites Nexus 'cause it has cool polar bears on the knees.

It is really easy. This vid is a couple years old. I can fully get into a fusion with undergarment boots and everything in about a minute without even rushing. Once you put it on a few times, and have someone properly show you how to do it, it is very easy... :wink:

Wish I could say the same. :depressed: There are many things I love about my Fusion, but ease of putting it on is not one them. Especially on a crowded dive boat. I find you need a place to sit down with lots of room to stretch things out, you need to prep the suit and get everything just right. When shore diving this is not a big deal, but on a boat, it is a PITA. There is a technique to it, you can't just pull it on and go.

I dove a Atlan 7 mil neoprene for a couple of years with neoprene seals, then a Atlan 4 mil compressed neoprene with neoprene seals an improvement, but always had a hard time reaching my valves and needed a ton of weight. Finally purchased a DUI CLX 450 trilaminate with latex seals sized for the thickest underwear I will use based on the coldest water temps around 35F I will dive in. I am in heaven so much easier to move in easy to get in an out of on my own, the latex seals are so much more comfortable and no problems with the rock boots just make sure they fit right and do them up properly, oh and finally met my SB challenge in my profile :)

I have now dived the fusion on around 30 dives and donning the suit is very easy. I find that the fusion is a very easy suit to don as Ive had trilams with front zip before. I use no more time donning the fusion than a frontzip trilam. I just pull the drycore out so you can see the holes where the legs go in and put one leg in at a time. I can do this as easy when standing on a boatdeck. When both legs are in I pull the drycore upwards toward the torso.

I have removed the suspenders as I dont really see the need as the skin hold the suit up on its own.

My husband bought me a custom Diving Concepts Ultrapro flex drysuit as a surprise! It came yesterday and I'm so excited!
He'll be teaching me how to use it and doing my drysuit cert this week.
Happy Dance!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom