what dry suits are used by professionals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have your dive shop check DUI's closeout specials. You can get some really great deals there. They have to call DUI, and have them fax an inventory sheet to the dive shop. I have seen guys get the signature series suits at very low prices.

Be careful what you order though, some of the suits are demos and have been used. We have never ordered any of those, but our experiences with the new suits on closeout have been very good. On the spreadsheet you will recieve, it plainly states the condidtion, size, type, and options that each suit has.

When I buy, this is the route that I will go, and I do recieve key man pricing.

I just wanted to say that the Typhoon suits are really nice too and is currently used by some part of our armed forces.

Mine is old, worn, name and paint is gone - but it is one hell of a suit - I do not expect to replace it anytime soon and I dive a LOT. I think I have what is now the Typhoon Ranger - they are hard to come by over here as they are british - but worth the effort.

Other than that - I have seen a lot of DUI's, Vikings and Northern Divers around the serious people...

Big T

Just a quick follow-up on Ragdon's original question...

A lot of professional divers use the Viking suits because they sometimes dive in contaminated environments. Vikings can come with an attached dry hood, making them better suited for this sort of application.

DUIs are also excellent, but I don't believe a dry hood is offered -- although you could probably add one. I would like a DUI myself, but would prefer a latex dry hood because I often get cold-water vertigo from water in the ear canal.

A final note... Some friends diving with Zeagle suits are having real problems with the seam glueing. This may be a problem with only certain suits, and Zeagle has been good about repairing them, but that doesn't help you when your seams split open just before a dive.

g2

Back
Top Bottom