what dry suits are used by professionals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ragdon

Reaction score
hi there,

does anyone know what dry suits are used by police divers, SBS, navy seals etc.?

I'm asking this as i'm assuming that these would be good quality and robust suits.

Cheers.

Hello,

Look at the commercial diving field. They use DUI, viking, o'neal, harvey and some others.

Ed

When I was in the Navy, my custom wetsuit came from DUI - I think our Navy Divers' drysuits were too; my ventilated drysuit was from some Brit company, I believe, and was not practical for diving (it was for survival in case of ejection over cold water) - it was also way more expensive because of the hookup to the airplane's environmental control system.
Rick

Hello,

I disagree, there can be MORE than one, and there IS more than one.

Ed

Now why do you like your DUI so much??? I don't even know what I am thinking, down here in the warm Florida Sunshine and all. Might I be planning a trip further north, and maybe out west??? Hmnn,,, tell me more about DUI, Mario, I just might need one!

As former residents of The Great White North we used our drysuits not only to make diving more comfortable (and fun) but also to extend our dive season.

So when we moved down here to GA, we thought we'd not have occasion to dive dry again. Wrong!

Basically, we wear the DUIs in FL Springs, in the Gulf (during the cooler months), in some local quarries & lakes... basically ANYWHERE that one might wear more than 3mm of neoprene.

Shell drysuits really give you a lot of flexibility in what you can wear underneath them. You layer on as much or as little undergarments as you require. For example, when we run our RD course at Vortex Springs (68F) next weekend I'll probably wear leggings and a sweat shirt. Rather than bring my full length 3mm for the Gulf, I'll probably just scale down to a long-sleeved t-shirt and leggings. At the surface I might be a bit warm, but once I head down I'll be fine. Pearce will probably just go with a T-shirt and his leggings.

So drysuits are NOT just for up North, eh?! :wink:

~SubMariner~

I've certainly heard of people wearing them in very warm water. In fact, I brought mine to Hawaii while I was there for six months, but I never did any deeper stuff. I just used a 3mm surfer shorty.
Personally, I look forward to diving with just a wetsuit shorty. The diving is sooo much easier in the warm waters with just a wetsuit shorty or just a pair of shorts.

Won't catch me out in these lakes without a dry suit, that's fer shur!

Take care.

Mike

I've posted about the ins and outs about the quality about DUI suits many times on these boards. First I would like for you to research past threads. The search feature is very good!

DUI is an industry leader. Many times they have been the ones to develope new technology and then bring that technology to market. Beyond that, they go one step further in that they back technology with their name and reputation, along with that comes their warranty. I would encourage you to call Quincy at DUI (800)325-8439 for specific info. Let him know I reffered you. And NO I'm not a DUI salesman, nor do I get anything for speaking highly of their products.

Ed, disagreement is healthy... do it too much though, like you like to do and ppl start to wonder why? Are you that opinionated or is there another reason? What's your agenda?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom