What dry suit to get

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba fryd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Okay so just to get all details with it
I am 16 years old 172cm and small build the doctor says om probly only going to grow about 2 cm more. I am about to grow out of my dry suit i have rn and i am looking at a new one there's a Santi e motion just my size for sale for really cheap with undergarments and gloves. looks pretty used but not beten up.
I don't really wanna get a custom dry suit since i don't wanna risk growing out of it so i was also looking at a rofos suit. New from the store .what would be best rofos or used Santi probably got 100dives.

Didn't you ask this already?

Didn't you ask this already?

I did infact not i have asked about a ursuit but no i have never made a post asking whether a used santi or a new rofos was the best choice.
I don't really get why you linking to sum seaskin dry suit witch was næver in the picture

I did infact not i have asked about a ursuit but no i have never made a post asking whether a used santi or a new rofos was the best choice.
I don't really get why you linking to sum seaskin dry suit witch was næver in the picture
Because in your previous thread we mentioned you should get a Seaskin instead of a used suit that won't fit you properly. Now you're asking about another used dry suit. It cost less than the ursuit, Santi or rofos. It is also custom made to fit you. Since it is brand new you will not be getting someone else's problem suit. Go back to the other thread and read what we wrote about it.

@Scuba fryd
Maybe instead of asking closed questions ("is this right for me? Yes/no") You could let us know what your budget is and what features you definitely want/need. That way, we can get you much better suggestions in a much more streamlined process. Hack, we (I) could even help you search in Europe (online, that is).

He was going to pay $1315 USD for a used Ursuit. A fully custom Seaskin with every upgrade option is $1100... he doesn't read or research what we've suggested to him in the past. Save him money and get a better suit, but we're won't for suggesting anything other than his immediate question.

@Scuba fryd you can have a better suit with dry gloves, pee valve and whatever else you want AND be custom made to fit you for about $1100 USD.

@Scuba fryd
Maybe instead of asking closed questions ("is this right for me? Yes/no") You could let us know what your budget is and what features you definitely want/need. That way, we can get you much better suggestions in a much more streamlined process. Hack, we (I) could even help you search in Europe (online, that is).
Thank you for feedback i can try making it a more open question the reson for suche a closed question is because I don't really have so muche wiggle room and i live in Denmark so prices isn't really the same as for anybody outside the used ursuit for 1100usd was actually more than 50%off just like the seaskin it might be cheap for anybody else but i will get a additional 400usd on top of that price
I want a trilaminat dry suit not custom (better resale price and i might grow out of it) it must have silicone seals and mby a neoprene seal for the neck. Is a pee valve a good idea?

He was going to pay $1315 USD for a used Ursuit. A fully custom Seaskin with every upgrade option is $1100... he doesn't read or research what we've suggested to him in the past. Save him money and get a better suit, but we're won't for suggesting anything other than his immediate question.

@Scuba fryd you can have a better suit with dry gloves, pee valve and whatever else you want AND be custom made to fit you for about $1100 USD.
I can't get a fully custom seaskin for that price i am not gonna buy that one for multiple reasons one of them is that i will end op with having to pay an extra 400usd for import even higher

Novasuit is from UK right? That's a bit of a nasty situation nowadays.

But what is your budget in €? That should give us a clear view of the possibilities.

About used drysuits: most people only sell their drysuit when:
1. there's something wrong with it (in which case I wouldn't recommend you buy it)
2. they stop diving
3. the suit doesn't match their needs (anymore)

Off-the-shelf drysuits could work, but you have to try them on for size. Size really can make or break a deal.
A made-to-measure suit more or less guarantees good fit (if measured properly), but there is generally a production time involved of at least 7-10 weeks. Sometimes, these suits can be more expensive, but not necessarily.
I know of two European brands that offer custom suits: Artic (Drysuits Archives) and Procean (Procean drysuits). Procean also offers off-the-shelf suits. At great discounts sometimes.

Other suits can work as well, obviously.

Back
Top Bottom