What does DUI use to seal their seams at the factory?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just replaced the neck seal on my drysuit. I used an Aquaseal/ Cotol mixture to thin the Aquaseal & a brush to apply it. It looks professional & just like the seam seals of the suit.

I just replaced the neck seal on my drysuit. I used an Aquaseal/ Cotol mixture to thin the Aquaseal & a brush to apply it. It looks professional & just like the seam seals of the suit.

tstormdiver,

What ratio of Aquaseal / Cotol did you use in your mix?

Using Aquaseal and cotol seal the latex and neoprene or fabric suits, it`s really good for repairing and fill the small hole on the suits. We normally use aquaseal on 2.0MM neoprene drysuits for whole body or parts of it depending on client`s required.

What is it, and where can I buy this sealant?

I have to believe that this is a trade secret.

Others have been describing the common retail solution.

Pete

I was going to say (at the risk of offending Susan or Dick, although I know they can take a joke) that it is probably the same secret ingredient that is in Coca Cola or Kentucky Fried Chicken!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom