what do your partners think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Respectfully, Almightywife, you should not be concerned. If a man is going to do something nefarious, he's gonna do it whether he's diving or out on the town. The location of ones actions do not delegate what those actions are going to be. I say "Dive with whomever you want and if trouble starts (of the sexual kind) either your a good spouse and walk away from it or your a cad and curl up with a new friend." My wife trust me and I'm a flirter, but I know where to draw the line.

Plus chicks dont dig dudes when their um....... you know, is all shunken from 70 degree water.

This is a valid topic and sheds light on an interesting social anthropological subject.

Let's not run the thread off course by allowing it to denegrate into a thread of sexual innuendo.

The Kraken

My main dive buddy (another divemaster) is a guy. I guess it never occured to me to check under the hood before I picked who to dive with. It doesn't matter to me.

maeistero:
my fiance doesn't like me diving with females, yet i won't dive with a male buddy. weird, but i'm sure someone else has the same conundrum. she won't get certified and i love to dive. i'm not comfortable to do the diving practices with a guy, actually i would not be comfortable with her doing it either. :no

so what do you do? i always make sure my partner and i are similar size and ability.

i'm a guy btw, so she's understandably upset about me being that close to someone.

If your buddy just happens to be female now and then it shouldn't be a problem. (If she has a problem with this, you two need to work it out).

If you're diving with the same woman a lot, you need to find a new buddy. As my wife the therapist says, "If you go to the barbershop often enough, eventually you're going to get a haircut"

Terry

When you dive, your attention should be focused on the dive.

SIs and post-dive chit-chat however is fair game :D

<----single

Web Monkey:
If you're diving with the same woman a lot, you need to find a new buddy. As my wife the therapist says, "If you go to the barbershop often enough, eventually you're going to get a haircut"

Terry

Not if you already love your stylist!

I'm a lucky one! My husband is okay with me diving with my buddies; male or female. He has NO desire to dive or to go on dive trips (even if there are golf courses nearby). He knows my buddies and likes them, but even more important trusts and loves me.

Besides, when our next trip is tentively scheduled he's going to the Final Four (I think that is a basketball thing).

I guess we trust each other too much. My husband and I do many things together and with other people and I don't think once either of us were worrying about the other one's propriety.

I dive primarily with men because that's who's mainly diving. I go dive with our LDS owner constantly. *gasp* at night, with nobody else around! My social and sport activities are mainly male dominated, as such most of our friends are males. Now you'd think that someone would worry if their new 22 year old wife was going to do an 18 day race with 11 men (mainly single). Not so, he smiled and kissed me good bye reminding me to check in on SSB every 3 days. The only time he frets when I'm out with the guys is if I don't let him know I'm going to be late.

He dives with other women, he travels with them, and he even did a double handed ocean race with a very attractive, smart, funny, single, woman who is a friend of ours. Not once did I think to worry about his fidelity. Even with the one woman in our fleet who has her eye on him. Lordy every time I turn around she's got her arm through his, or hugging and kissing on him. Maybe I should worry, she's got a faster boat than me!

If you are a player, then you deserve the jealousy. If you have always been above reproach, she's got to relax a little.

SteveC:
I have never heard of anyone not diving with a male buddy. It's not like dancing. It's just diving.

Although I will certainly dive with male buddies when I'm not solo, my best regular dive buddies are all female. I don't dive with them just because they are intelligent and beautiful. I dive with them because they are great divers, have similar interests, move slowly (they are also photogs), have similar air consumption, etc. Added benefits are that they don't fart or belch (usually), and don't talk about women's bodies, sports or business during surface intervals!

ok, i feel really dumb

i still don't see what the problem is??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom