what do you wear under your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As little as possible, particularly in cold water. I dive an open cell wetsuit where the primary warmth comes from the rubber being in direct contact with my skin - any fabric between me and the suit results in colder water.

So basically it goes like this:
Warm tropics - micro bikini, long sleeve rash guard top (to protect against jellyfish etc)
A little cooler - micro bikini, open cell wetsuit, long sleeve rash guard on top
Colder - bikini, long sleeve rash guard, 7mm semi-dry wetsuit
A lot colder - micro bikini, open cell wetsuit, long sleeve rash guard, 7mm semi-dry
And if it is even colder and everyone else is in a dry suit, that combo gets a 7mm hooded topper, gloves, etc. 15mm of neoprene is definitely not fun but it works.

Patagonia Stretch Hydropeak boardshorts with an 18" cut....not too long that I have bunching issues and good stretch so that they confirm well under the suit.

I haven't been in a wetsuit since New Years Day 2008. Nothing under the wetsuit was my preference.

DW

TYR hexa square swimshorts. way better than having board shorts all bunched up under the wetsuit, and slightly less revealing than a classic speedo. I'll throw on some board shorts over top while out of the wetsuit.

The only thing normally worn under a kilt are shoes & socks. Don't you find that hard to dive in? :rofl3:

Not at all. They are called wetsuit booties. (Goes with my neoprene kilt in a Border Clan tartan. :) )

Not at all. They are called wetsuit booties. (Goes with my neoprene kilt in a Border Clan tartan. :) )
I tend to be a fan of the Royal Canadian Air Force Tartan and have both a Bow Tie and a Cummerbund in it for my Mess Kit.
Before anybody asks, yes, the RCAF Tartan is an "officially recognized" tartan although I have no idea what the governing body is who "recognizes tartan"
il_fullxfull.709216761_kx5c.jpg

I tend to be a fan of the Royal Canadian Air Force Tartan and have both a Bow Tie and a Cummerbund in it for my Mess Kit.
Before anybody asks, yes, the RCAF Tartan is an "officially recognized" tartan although I have no idea what the governing body is who "recognizes tartan"
View attachment 571376

I would love to find out what my family's "official" Tartan is. The most we have is a black and white photo of my great, great grandfather in Hawick, Scotland with his kilt laying on a stone bench next to him (yes, he had already changed into his hunting outfit :) ). One of my brothers tried sketching the pattern and he did a pretty good job, but as to the colors, who knows? The sites where you put in your family name and they spit out a pattern/color are worthless.

Back
Top Bottom