what do you wear under...under your drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seakdivers

Reaction score
Hi!

My boyfriend and I dive using drysuits, and I usually go with my underwear and bra under my thermal garment..... the problem is my bra! With the pressure, the weight/ rubbing of my weight belt & bcd, I find that my underwire and straps are digging very painfully into my skin.
Today I went Au Natural.... it felt alot better, but yet again it messed with my balance/ buoyancy.

I think I need to get a sports bra, or maybe wear a swimsuit underneath..... Heeeelllllp!
Thanks!

seakdivers once bubbled...
it messed with my balance/ buoyancy.

How come ? Do you have HUGE breasts ?

Wholly Amanda...no smiles or anything, nice answer.

I think she has a valid concern. I couldn't imagine going 'au natural' and it not affecting your balance somewhat, and yes your buoyancy too. Just like when you shift the weights on your belt a little. Well I guess if you have teeny ones it wouldn't be that bad...

Actually Amanda, without getting too detailed, I have been called "ample" among other things.
I think the problem wasn't so much my buoyancy - it was more of a balance thing. It just felt like everything fit different.

Anyway, as intriguing as my breasts may be, that really wasn't the point of me posting a question. I was hoping that someone had some advice, or has to deal with the same problem.
Not that I don't have a sense of humor about things - believe me, I have heard every boob joke/ comment.....etc out there.

Thanks for the comment Aquabella:jessica:

Amanda
I see diplomacy is NOT your strong suit. What a rude answer!

Seakdivers
I find a sports bra to be the best solution under a drysuit. Since I already have a couple of Polar ones that I wear with my heart monitor while biking, I wear one of those. However, Champion also makes a good one.

Stay away from using a bathing suit: it is not made to wick away any moisture from your body and will wind up being quite uncomfortable.

DSDO,

~SubMariner~

I am sure that Amanda didn't mean to sound so callous - I've read her other posts, and I am guessing that she meant to be funny..... I should say that I am hoping!:wink:

SubMariner - I thought that a sports bra would be the way to go, but I wasn't sure because most of them are made of cotton, and I was told that cotton wasn't the way to go under a drysuit. (of course I was given this information by a man!)

I was eyeballing my swimsuit, but I thought it might be more uncomfortable than just going without anything.
So what are Polar ones you were referring to?

Thanks!

I recommend Lycra based sports bras to female students due to the fact that they wick the moisture away from the body. No wires, buckles, or plastic to bite into the skin.

Lycra sports bra

Hallmac

You could also use supportive vests that are lycra. If I had to choose between a sports bra or vest I'd probably go for the vest as it keeps you a little warmer...esp. as it covers your lower back!

I'm genuinely sorry, I really didn't mean to be rude or shocking, sorry if that's the way it came out.

I wasn't trying to joke either, but your problem seemed so intriguing to me (the balance problem was pretty much related to you going "Natural" : Today I went Au Natural.... it felt alot better, but yet again it messed with my balance) that I tried to post a question to clear things up.

English is not my mother language and USA is not my country, we in France have other manners... that sometimes looks rude to other nationalities... Hope you're not pissed off or mad at me. ;-0

:)

Cheerz, hope your problem will be resolved soon.

Back
Top Bottom