What do you want to see here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adrian Kelland

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
If this section of SB is to develop, it needs to attract people. What do you want to see here?

I would like to avoid duplicating information that exists on UK based sites/fora/newsgroups, it's hard to be first with anything, and we would largely be spending time playing catchup. So a few ideas would be appreciated.

Should the website be more of an advert for UK diving in general, and have links, reviews of what sites etc we think are the best, or try to compete with Divernet and the like instead. It will be hard to provide more info on sites and kit than such a commercial site, please bear this in mind.

So suggestions please.

Adrian

Adrian,

As a cynical Brit I cannot help but feel that you are flogging a dead horse mate. I think a link to Yorkshire divers would be best.

This site is great for warm water shandy drinking wusses like me (I'm moving to the dark side soon :) - Stoney on Saturday and my first UK sea dives in March BTW I am daveyb on YD)

If this section remains I think it needs to be focussed perhaps on warm water divers wanting to find out more about UK training, sites, clubs, kit etc that compliment what is already here.

For many warm water divers like me this site provides a lot more pertinent info than YD (and that's not a dig at YD) - YD BTW ought to allow people to see it's content without having to register which can be offputting.
I think that some good has come out of it with some people meeting up etc but I still think UK divers are better served by YD.

I'd like to see some YD people come here and educate us - I'll post a topic in a second.

Adrian,
I think your flogging a dead horse mate but an advert for UK diving would be great.
I'll ask a few provocative questions to see what happens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom