What do you use to get rid of the 'old pickle' taste of salt water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've always taken a bag of Jolly Roger hard candies along. But I've also been offered taffy and Tootsie Pops.

What do you use?

Dee once bubbled...
I've always taken a bag of Jolly Roger hard candies along. But I've also been offered taffy and Tootsie Pops.

I never noticed any funny salt water taste.... but that's probably because when I'm not smoking [e.g. when I'm diving], I chain eat Altoids!

Walter once bubbled...
Nothing beats peach Jolly Ranchers when you can find them, trouble is, I haven't seen any in about 10 years.

Look for their passion fruits assortment to find the peach ones. Peach is not in the original assortment.

Lemon Drops are the treat of choice.

Spectre once bubbled...

I never noticed any funny salt water taste.... but that's probably because when I'm not smoking [e.g. when I'm diving], I chain eat Altoids!

lol....me too

Peppermint.
Also good for heartburn, -y'known when you turn upside down and get a throat full of acid, -peppermint sorts that out.
I used to suck sweets underwater until my mind started wondering what would happen if I accidently blew a polo mint into my reg. Free flow probably and heaps of embarresment explaining what happened.

Does anyone suck or chew underwater?

Phil TK:rolleyes:

Phil TK once bubbled...
Does anyone suck or chew underwater?

When I first was getting used to the idea of 'no smoking near diving', I was chewing nicotine gum. And yea, I learned for a fact that you can chew and dive at the same time :wink:

Pineappple works the best for me. It really gets that seawater taste out of my mouth. :tree: Bob

Back
Top Bottom