What do you use to get rid of the 'old pickle' taste of salt water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just come back to Wisconsin... salt taste gone.:(

Gargle with Listerine........ or Tequila!!

You could use those Pocket pak Listerine strips that melt in your mouth.

Roak,

Thanks for the offer, but I'd settle for any info on how to order directly.

Drew,

Thanks for the info, I'll check out the Passion Fruit assortment. Peach was originally in the original assortment, which is no longer as it originally was.

A friend in Atlanta once found a large box of Peach Jolly Ranchers. Even sharing them liberally, they lasted a couple of years.

Walter,
Most all WalMart stores have Jolly Ranchers. Check out the candy section in your local store. :tree: Bob

I drink water before and after a dive for rehydration and maybe some fresh fruit or a diet coke after that. That's all I need. I kind of like that crusty old salt look and feeling after a dive when your hair dries stiffly in the breeze into odd shapes and angles. But that's me.
Cheers Ears,
Gasman

sweet mints - not only does it get rid of the saltwater/pickle taste, but it also hides your "reg-breath"....

fresh fruit is a close second - mandarins, watermelon or pineapple slices.

that can always be followed by some fizzy lemonade or vanilla coke! yum!:coke:

What a fascinating thread.
I have never even heard of such a thing!, and I grew up in an oceanside town, surfing, swimming and diving every spare minute I had.

I wonder if its related to location?

I will definatly think about this next time im in saltwater.
:D

I haven't noticed any particular taste to saltwater, other than being . . . salty.

I usually drink a glass of water right after taking my gear off (or fruit punch, if the water's all gone).

Tobasco and wasabi should handle the salt taste just fine!

It's getting the taste of that nasty ol' freshwater stuff out of the mouth that's hard! This is especially true if cattle are raised anywhere near the water!

FT

Back
Top Bottom