What do you think my chances are?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairybasslet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I paid the $60 expedite fee for my passport renewal to get my passport within 3 weeks. My check was cashed on 8/29. I checked the online status and it said my passport was given to USPS on 9/19 and that I would get my passport on 10/3. Granted, I did not pay for overnight delivery, but still, that's 5 weeks. Even if I had paid for overnight delivery, I still would not have gotten the passport within the promised 3 weeks. I emailed them and told them I wanted my $60 refunded. So, you think I have a chance like that little snowball down under (and I don't mean Australia)?

Chances of getting your passport by 10/3 (damned good if they really mailed it yesterday) or chances of getting the refund (slim to none)?

Yes, I think you will get the 60 dollars back.
Photocopy the check and attach to your written request and CC to somebody else in the org. The point being have all the documentaion in one correspondance and make sure the person is aware that it has been CC'd for "oversight".
Buena Suerte!

I get a lot of refunds. You just have to feel like you are "paying yourself" by pursuing it instead of blowing it off. I used to let this stuff go when I had more money. Now, I chase my dollars all over.

almity1 had his passport renewed in 15 days, inc weekends :multi:

im sure you can fill out a form and they will give it its upmost attention to your claim....:rofl3: yeah right!!!

You would have done better by finding out where the nearest Passport office is to you (mine was D.C.) taking a day off work, driving there, walking in as the doors opened and waiting all day and walking out with a new Passport.

I did and had mine in 1 day.

Good luck.

You would have done better by finding out where the nearest Passport office is to you (mine was D.C.) taking a day off work, driving there, walking in as the doors opened and waiting all day and walking out with a new Passport.

I did and had mine in 1 day.

Good luck.

Since I didn't need my passport until Dec. 1 when I leave for Australia, I didn't think that was necessary. I had exactly 12 weeks to get my passport by mail. When I sent in the expedited requested, the wait for regular service was 10-12 weeks. I thought that 3 weeks service would give me plenty of time. One week after I sent my passport in for renewal, regular service wait time was reduced to 6-8 weeks. So I paid an extra $60 for essentially regular service since my wait is 5 weeks.

Like Catherine, I watch my money carefully. I don't mind paying extra for service if I do indeed, receive the service that I am paying for. However, I don't take kindly to being ripped off. I will pursue this and I will be victorious. To win against the U.S. Government, that will be sweet.

It took my daughter nearly four months to get hers through normal channels. So, five is very good! However, you can kiss those shekels good-bye.

Now I don't feel so bad about my Hungarian passport taking 6 months. though my flatmate got her Spanish passport in 24 hrs (both applications lodged in Australia) go figure...

z...

After doing some further investigation on the State Dept.'s website, their standard for expedited service as defined in 22 CFR 51.66 (whatever that is...maybe their own rule book or something?) is 10 business days from when the application arrives at the passport center or if the passport application is already at the agency, the date the request for expedited service is approved. I'm not sure how long it takes for my bank to post a check, but they have to have gotten my application on or before 8/29 when my check cleared. They had my passport ready for mailing on 9/19. So that is at least 15 business days.
If worse comes to worse, I'll complain to my congressman.:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom