What do you think about this purchase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johntt1986

Registered
Reaction score
At my LDS there was a package from DiveX that included:

-Xcalibur balanced second stage
w/ balanced diaphram first stage with 4 HP ports and 2 LP ports
-Xcalibur balanced octopus with 39'' hose
-Futura Miniguages with depth and spg
-and a BCD
the package was $800

i also got a 7 mm wetsuit for $200 half price brand new

so my question is what do you guys think of the purchase?

What really matters is what you think. Hope your bed is big enough to be sleeping with all that gear tonight. :D
I think owning your own gear is the best way to go. Congratulations

True..i love the gear..but i havent been able to test it at a decent depth yet..just at a treasure hunt which was only 6 feet..and plus it was kindof a race so i didnt have time to concentrate to see how my gears performing

but it sure looks good lol :wink:

mboot_9:
True..i love the gear..but i havent been able to test it at a decent depth yet..just at a treasure hunt which was only 6 feet..and plus it was kindof a race so i didnt have time to concentrate to see how my gears performing

but it sure looks good lol :wink:

Based on my limited experience if it felt good and you were able to control the rig in 6 feet of water that's a good start. These days it's a pretty fair assumption that virtually anything sold will be safe and adequate for recreational use. After that I seem to find personal taste and escalating demands drive preferences.

Pete

Who is the manufacturer on those regs? Where do you live and where do you dive?

The manufacturer is a company called DIVEmar inc. heres a link to their site if you like - http://www.divemar.com/seasport/

I live near Cobourg Ontario and I usually dive around The St. Lawarence and lake ontario btw im just recently certified

Back
Top Bottom