What do you suggest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes I have an apex dealer close to my home! They also suggest me the AquaLung Titan LX supreme.. for less money.. and and 2012 version has 2 HP port. What would be the differences between this on and the Apek XTX?

The LX 2nd stage is an Apeks design and is very similar to the XTX 2nd stage.
The Supreme is the environmentally sealed AquaLung 1st stage and and would be equivalent to the Apeks DS4 or DST 1st stage.
Hoseless pressure transmitters have been debated with much frequency here. My personal feeling is why bother with one if you don't trust it and feel you need to run a standard gauge.....and as a result I have no need for a second HP port.

The DS4 has 1 HP port.
DST, FST and FSR have 2 HP ports.

Last edited:
a lot less money?
Personnaly, I would stick with the Apeks.

with the XTX, you can change the side to wich the hose is coming out of the 2nd stage.
I don't think there is an adjustment knob.
The hose routing from the 1st stage, will be a bit different. Both are great reg.

If you ask most people at dive shops what they dive, Ive found they would say MK25/S600 from scubapro (even if they dont sell scubapro). This is what I dive and would not switch to anything else. It breaths the same if you are at 170' or 20'. upside down or just swimming normally. The swivel is great and gives you a little more play also.

Marc-André Couture;6207107:
Is it true that with Scubapro you need to have a full scuba prokit to get the full warranty?

Inorde rto get the free parts for life warranty you would have to purchase a BCD, regulator, octo and gauges. You still have a warranty on the regulator if oyu buy it seperatly. It covers they same stuff all other regulator companies cover. to my knowledge the only company that still does the free parts for life if you service your regulator yearly is Zeagle (makes great stuff but the chroming is not the same quality as the scubapro). So you do get a warranty its just not the free parts for life if you service yearly warranty

Nothing wrong with Scubapro but making such a generalization about what people dive, or would like to dive, is.
Also, the OP wants his reg to dive under ice and the MK 25 would be a poor choice.

Given all the factors you listed, Atomic M1 in DIN.

Marc-André Couture;6207373:
Yes I have an apex dealer close to my home! They also suggest me the AquaLung Titan LX supreme.. for less money.. and and 2012 version has 2 HP port. What would be the differences between this on and the Apek XTX?

Apekses hold their value very well. Tech divers use them a lot and you can resell it. Not so much the Titan. My friend grabbed a used Titan LX (not supreme) for 100cad apekses go much higher.

to my knowledge the only company that still does the free parts for life if you service your regulator yearly is Zeagle (makes great stuff but the chroming is not the same quality as the scubapro). So you do get a warranty its just not the free parts for life if you service yearly warranty

What happened to Apeks free parts program ?

If you ask most people at dive shops what they dive, Ive found they would say MK25/S600 from scubapro (even if they dont sell scubapro). This is what I dive and would not switch to anything else. It breaths the same if you are at 170' or 20'. upside down or just swimming normally. The swivel is great and gives you a little more play also.

S600/MK25 is a no go here in the winter season, MK25 requires to much careful handling with low temp outside and S600 flows often below 40F

Back
Top Bottom