what do you suggest for a mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With a mask fit is more important than name. I normally a full face at work, but I have the same problem as the OP. Try alot of different makes and manufacturers. I have found that Mares fit a large nose well, and Tilos makes an inexpensive split lense mask that fits a big nose and prominent brow. Don't get stuck on a name when it comes to a mask.

There are two masks that are bigger than the others [I'm in the same position as you w/face/nose].....Both made by Sherwood; the Oracle and the Titan....Don't know if the Titan is still available but I think the Oracle still is...Both are two-window.....If you find some one who still has Titans, [black or clear skirt] let me know I'd like to get a third one as a spare....They fit me perfectly !!!........

Get one that you find comfortable. If you're like a lot of us, you'll end up owning several of them. Don't sweat it.

Hi scuba divers,

I just ordered scubapro spectra mask and it did not fit well on my face. I'm really sad :-(

The problem is that I have a bigger nose and eyebrows. I felt the mask is really small on my face. I noticed when I inhale, the mask does stay on my face because the air goes through the aria around my nose. I'm sure the mask is small on my big face, eyebrow, and nose because when I put the mask, even if it did not stay on my face, I could not reach my nose to equalize. I guess I need a bigger mask in size.

What do you guys suggest to try on for my case ?

Thank you for your help.

I agree that finding a mask online that fits can be difficult but many of the online stores will let you return the mask if your not happy with it as long as you don't dive with it first. You should be able to get a good idea if the mask will work for you without diving in it. I personally prefer low volume with a black skirt. My LDS also sells Aqualung and I want to say the store owner once told me that Aqualung offers a lifetime warranty on all their products. Maybe something to look into.

... the best mask in the world is the one that fits. You'll have to try different stores until you get what works for you!

And this is the Scuba Pro rep telling you to buy what works for you!

OP, I love my Scuba Pro items, I have quite a few regs, jet fins, and wetsuits from them. However, none of my masks, 4 of them, are from Scuba Pro, because I found others that fit me better. My friends have Scuba Pro masks and love them, and the ones I like, they hate. Masks are way to hard to recommend to someone IMO, unless it is a mask type. I like low volume, black skirt, two window masks. Others don't. Get what you like, and don't get stuck on name brand with a mask.

When trying on a mask in the shop, do so with a 2nd stage or at least a a snorkel in your mouth. Before doing the suck test, tilt your head back with the mouth piece in then gently lay the mask on your face, without the strap of course. Use your fingers to feel around the skirt to see how it fits your face.

Once you've narrowed your choices then do the suck test. Then see if you can water test them if possible.

That's actually a good idea. All masks I've owned behave the same for me when I have a reg in, however.

When trying on a mask in the shop, do so with a 2nd stage or at least a a snorkel in your mouth. Before doing the suck test, tilt your head back with the mouth piece in then gently lay the mask on your face, without the strap of course. Use your fingers to feel around the skirt to see how it fits your face.

Once you've narrowed your choices then do the suck test. Then see if you can water test them if possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom