What do you pay for air, and where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get free fills, delivered to my door. But I also pay the rent for the compressor space, maintenance on the compressor, filters, electricity, depreciation, and donate my time for tank fills. Yep, its my compressor, but I still reckon the levalised cost is around AUD$5/tank doing it myself.

Here, in South Florida, we are VERY fortunate to have Fill Express for our tank fills. Last time I bought gas, I paid $175 for 3500 cubic feet of fill; be it air or NITROX, at 32, 36 or 40%. And, they only charge for what they fill. So my fills may only run me pennies on the dollar.

Brandon:
$10 from our club compressor. Lil spendy, but no dive shops around.

-B.

Wow, that is a little spendy. Our club has it's own compressor, we don't charge for air fills but it's $5 if you want to rent the tank.

We're not an officially organized club by any means, just a group of people who dive regularly together, one of whom owns a compressor.

With our extremely high cost of electricity, he's on a very slow path to amortizing the costs of the compressor.

I'm not worried about it =)

-B.

Hi Rick,

A1 Scuba charges $5 for air fills. That can be clean air if you have Nitrox clean tanks, or their standard gas for non-02 clean tanks. For Nitrox they are a bit pricey at $12 a fill last I checked.

This is typical for most Denver area shops. In the case of A1, if you go during retail hours there is Always someone who can do standard fills, but clean fills require Blender qualified staff, and they are not there at all hours.

Gander Mtn. is a good deal, however unless they are on your way somewhere, it's hardly worth saving a dollar to go out of the way to use them.

Odyssey likely has the cheapest Nitrox fills. I think they were $7 last I checked, but they are way north, and one has to weigh the time and gas cost vs. paying the more common $12 per tank for Nitrox from a shop that maybe more convenient.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom