What do you pay for air, and where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlieo:
Here in the Denver area the best deal seems to be Gander Mountain in Aurora. I believe I paid $4.00. Other shops it's $4.75- $8.00
Now that sounds very reasonable! I looked them up on the web (never heard of them before) and it looks like they are just one exit north of where I get on/off I-225 when going to Aurora Res. And, they have extended hours 7 days a week! Is it reasonable to wait to have them filled, or is it better to leave them and pick them up the next trip?

I'm glad you get some perks k4man, because it doesn't seem like the dive pro's make a lot - at least not in the middle of the country.

Does anyone know of "fill cards" for LDS' in the front range? Or don't they expect us to dive often enough locally to need one?

What do you guy's use for airfills :confused::confused: Gold :11::11:

10Liter/240bar. 2 euro x 1.37= $2.74 sent me your tanks :rofl3::rofl3:

Waterskier1:
Now that sounds very reasonable! I looked them up on the web (never heard of them before) and it looks like they are just one exit north of where I get on/off I-225 when going to Aurora Res. And, they have extended hours 7 days a week! Is it reasonable to wait to have them filled, or is it better to leave them and pick them up the next trip?

I just wait. It's best to call first to be sure someone is available to fill. It's actually Diver's Direct that has a shop inside the Gander Mountain store. Check out their other prices while you're there.

daniel f aleman:
In Denver, you should pay $4-6 for air per AL80.
That sounds reasonable. I still don't get why filling my tanks should cost more than renting their full tanks. :shakehead

Am I missing something here? Is it somehow cheaper/easier to rent and fill their tanks than it is to fill mine? And they had them for over 2 weeks, so it isn't like I was in a big rush for them to do it NOW! This is the same LDS that did (or sent them out for) my last VIP.

Divers Direct....I think I've seen them online. I didn't know they had a presence in Colorado. I will take a look around next time I'm up that way.

Like Charlieo said, make sure someone is going to be there to fill them. I have been there when no one is working at Divers Direct. The Gander Mountain folks have no idea what is going on!!

I know I'm far away from the OP but they range anywhere from $5 to $7.50 or $8 in the areas we dive in Ontario. I've not heard of the 10-dollar airfill here. Yet. At least the prices don't fluctuate like the prices at the pumps!

In L.A it's about $4-$6 for a fill without an air card. Hollywood diver where I get most of my fill charge $3 with and air card and $4 without. Some lds are very lax with air fill, the last time I went to Diven'surf I got a free airf fill card.

Gander Mountain for $4 is a great deal around here. Their compressor is also new but must not be as fancy as the LDS that's charging $10. Gander has partnered up with Divers Direct which has a small section within the store. I'm not sure if they have dive department staff during all hours of operation to get air fills. The couple of times I've been in I was able to get it filled while waiting. Last month I got a vis an fill for $15 while I waited. My only complaint is that they don't have EAN yet.

Back
Top Bottom