What do you lot carry your most fragile and expensive dive gear around in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi folks,
Was on a dive boat yesterday and, amongst other things, one of the things that crossed my mind is just how harsh it can be on your most fragile and expensive dive gear.

Things like your dive computer, underwater camera, umbilical torch, O2 Analyser, and of course your wallet, phone, wrist watch and other expensive stuff you tend to have with you etc etc.

So, since I plan to get lots more boat diving in, and its only going to get rougher, I am going to sort something out for mine, current best plan is a carry case with foam lining so I can give each item its own space as I saw one done to good effect recently... but, for the sake of inspiration, show me what you guys have done? (If anything of course)

Last edited:
All my dive gear goes in a long milk crate when I'm on a local boat or in a mesh duffel bag when I'm traveling. This includes my lights, cameras, etc. I don't carry an analyzer on the boat as I analyze my gas before I get to the boat when I setup my gear at home. As far as my wallet, phone, etc. that all goes in either my backpack or a dry bag depending on the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My rebreather is the rEvo (it's sturdy, unlikely to be damaged even in harsh conditions)
My Computer is Shearwater (See Above)
My Light is Light Monkey (See Above)

:D

Edit...
I don't take my wallet on dive boats. What am I going to buy?
I don't take my cell phone on dive boats. (My wife might call or your wife might call)
I don't take my keys on dive boats. I can't drive my Jetta in the ocean.

^what Superlyte27 said. I don't have any fragile dive gear. My mask is in a fin pocket or on my face. My Shearwater is in a fin pocket or on my wrist. If you use a lead weight as a hammer enough, you'll eventually close the gap the belt slides in, but if you get a pouch belt it won't matter....

I have a dry bag. I keep my wallet and cell phone in my pants pocket and roll them up so that they stay in. I have a CO and o2 analyzer in a small pelican box that is also on the dry bag. My regs are laid inside by bc. Pretty simple and easy.

Transport problem solved...
Guaranteed for life against any breakage, fully waterproof, buoyant up to 28KG and doubles as a sturdy seat when sat in quarries.
its got other compartments under some of the equipment for my car keys & wallet etc.

Perhaps a bit big to take on smaller boats, but its perfect for in car transportation for 98% of my diving and its the max size for Aeroplane carry on too.
Well pleased. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom