What do YOU enjoy about diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let's see.....no cell phones, no fax machines; for that brief time there's nothing else going on in the world other than your dive and the bonus is that we get to see stuff that surface dwellers normally only see on TV. The added bonus is the camaraderie - we're all members of a relatively small club, interestingly no one seems to care what you do for a living, what kind of car you drive (as long it's big enough to haul your gear) or how big your TV is.

Let's see.....no cell phones, no fax machines; for that brief time there's nothing else going on in the world other than your dive and the bonus is that we get to see stuff that surface dwellers normally only see on TV. The added bonus is the camaraderie - we're all members of a relatively small club, interestingly no one seems to care what you do for a living, what kind of car you drive (as long it's big enough to haul your gear) or how big your TV is.

I could not have worded this better myself, me too for all the same reasons :D

D

I dive to see the fish. I prefer seeing the unusual and special kind of fish. But I'm also happy to watch the regular fish. I like it when they look right back at me and we make eye contact. The activity of diving is fun for me, but it's really the fish that keeps me going back under. I've thought about this before and truthfully I'm not sure I would dive very much where you don't see fish, maybe in warm clear tropic waters I would just to play around underwater, but I don't think I'd put up with cold, low viz California water if I wasn't seeing fish.

I agree with all of the above. For me it is the entire process, starting with getting your gear ready and packed. Then the trip and hanging with your buds, we have fun just getting to and home from the dive site. Then gearing up, and actually diving. Meeting the other divers and answering the stock questions, from the non-diving crowd is also part of the process.

There are many things I like about diving. i love diving on wrecks and trying to reconstruct them in my minds eye. I enjoy planning dives and dive trips and I enjoy the fellowship of divers. Most of all I love the peace!

I like knowing that I repaired or rebuilt everything that I am using, and that the entire reason that I am breathing underwater, looking at stuff is because I took the time to learn the skills and abilities to put myself there. It's like zen.

I don't like cattle boats, instructors with 100 dives telling me that I am going to die, and big fat nasty divers.

Being in my own little world.

SurDo hit it spot on. . I like the boat rite when the
sea is rough with huge swell. . The moment when i
roll back wards into the water and goes beneath
the water its my own world thats start then. .
Me my bubbles, the fishes, corals sponges ect. .

Its calm peacefull, silent, no rush, no one
fighting. . The best feeling i get is when i see a shark
and the shark swim up to me and stop anything from 2foot
and futher from me checking me out and move on. .

Live to dive and Dive to live. . . . :burnout:

The chase of the research, search for and eventual exploration of a wreck with friends I've known forever. Pottering around a local reef with the kids. Pottering around a local reef/wreck with the local club. The exitement a new trainee has on his/her first dives.
Though today we've just cancelled cos it's blizzarding horizontally which will make recovering divers a bit complicated from the boat - though we'll meet up later for a beer and a blether - and hope it's a bit better next saturday

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom