What are your dive goals / dreams for 2024?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cthippo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I know it's traditional to have these discussions in that dead week between Christmas and New Years, bit I'm bored now so let's talk about it. What are the dives you would like to do in the coming year? What classes are you looking to take or milestones to achieve?

Goal is to just have some easy in easy out dives in great weather. My goals of being a DM and reaching 1,000 dives are done. Guess that leaves the good old shell collecting. Time for some old guy stuff. May not even do any wet diving over winter (maybe one time?).

Continue to fine tune my sidemount set up, finish my BSAC Sports Diver course and if there is time BSAC Dive Leader course. with plenty of diving in between

The Seaskin Nova arrives in February. I hope to develop some drysuit skills at the local reservoir in the Spring.and summer. Then I’d like to head to the coast in late summer: Monterrey, Laguna area. Catalina or maybe the PNW for some salt water diving. Perhaps I’ll get a chance to meet some SB folks.

A fairly easily realizable dream that I established a few years ago: to dive in strange (to me) and/or warm water at least once every year.

I actually failed this year. We went to Colombia in Nov. (Medellin & Cartagena), and I was thinking I would do some diving in the Caribbean, but then I heard from many sources that the diving from Cartagena was pretty meh, and we only had 3 full days there, so I skipped the diving. So it was only Monterey/Carmel for me in 2023.

So I need some strange waters in 2024 - even SoCal or Seattle qualifies, although my preferences run warmer.

Raja Ampat. Did my first Indonesia trip with 45 dives this past summer and I was completely blown away. Everyone at the resorts said - oh, if you like this, you HAVE to check out Raja Ampat! As if I could just hop over there from the east coast of the US... But, if it's even better than where I was in Indonesia, that is my goal. 2024, or maybe later. We'll see.

Getting back to my average of 1 dive per week. The last 3 months have accumulated 2 dives and I'm not seeing much before the new year with my schedule. I should have my BT Tech in the very near future so I have more reason to get out and explore further than my fins or buddy with a scoot allowed before. Lots of dives I'll be able to do with less concern for the ripping currents near the Narrows Bridge.

Seattle qualifies
Lots of great diving up here if you're already set up for cold.

Get more hours on my new (to me) CCR. I also recently picked up another DPV so want to get some time in the water with it. Really hoping to do more diving in 2024 and take a course or two (fundies being one of them). If only work would allow me to take off a couple months...

Mine are mostly all local...

Do several more dives on the Bellingham Bay wreck and document it.

Dive the Hat Island wreck and try to put a name on it.

Dive the wall at Clarks Point

Spend a few days to a week on Lopez Island and do some of the wrecks there.

Dive the Inati Bay wreck (Lummi Island)

Run sidescan on some of the Lake Washington and Kitsap Penninsula wrecks.

Go someplace warm next winter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom