What are your dive goals / dreams for 2024?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always tell new divers that it takes 50 dives to have a clue. At 100 you realize at 50 you didn't have a clue.
Great goals you have there. Figuring out the minutia of gear is key to really enjoying the diving.
Hope you keep a detail logbook with all that info captured for reference
LOL ain't that the truth

In my other life I have a lot of "alphabet soup" after my name and I always tell folks that it simply means I now know I have so much more to learn.

have a detailed logbook? yes! with diary type entries after every dive.

More hours on my CCR and have a few trips planned. I would love to:
  1. Do my MOD2 but feel I need to nail a couple of things before doing it
  2. Get back into UK diving. I put my cylinders in for testing and am looking at getting sorb

Definitely get in the water, even if it's a shore dive, and even if it's only a few per year.
Not that easy here in MD :( though might get back into teaching or visit Nicaragua over the summer to see family and can do some diving down there hopefully.

I’m looking forward to using my own gear! I bought some before my last trip, but it got delayed so I never got to use it.

I want to continue to improve my buoyancy and trim. And learn how to dive in current! I am going to Komodo in April so I will learn the current

Have fun with my new Blacktip scooter

I'm currently 10 minute short of spending 24 hours total underwater, so gotta get over that milestone.

Getting my Rescue cert this summer is my main goal.

I recently did a coral outplanting dive with I.CARE in the FL Keys, which was super fun and definitely got me interested in more citizen-science diving. I think I'm going to attend the AAUS Symposium in April to learn more about that world and hopefully meet some opportunities to contribute!

I'm currently 10 minute short of spending 24 hours total underwater, so gotta get over that milestone.

Getting my Rescue cert this summer is my main goal.

I recently did a coral outplanting dive with I.CARE in the FL Keys, which was super fun and definitely got me interested in more citizen-science diving. I think I'm going to attend the AAUS Symposium in April to learn more about that world and hopefully meet some opportunities to contribute!
Have you done any fish ID through REEF.org? Super easy, fun, and you learn your fishes! Also coral bleaching reporting through SEAFAN.

Back
Top Bottom