What do YOU enjoy about diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like all of it, even the waiting and getting screwed around at the airport. But after a few days down south I'm glad to get back home.

Whoa!
Cool!

I dive because there is just nothing to do in South Florida.

Chug

Weightlessness, solitude, beauty, nature, adventure, the equipment. Oh yeah, when not solo, diving is great foreplay..........

What's not to love? But one of the best things for me is that unlike a zoo where you see everything through cages and bars, in diving you're in the middle of it all and seein stuff right in front of me that I only used to see on a screen.

I dive to see the fish. I prefer seeing the unusual and special kind of fish. But I'm also happy to watch the regular fish. I like it when they look right back at me and we make eye contact. The activity of diving is fun for me, but it's really the fish that keeps me going back under. I've thought about this before and truthfully I'm not sure I would dive very much where you don't see fish, maybe in warm clear tropic waters I would just to play around underwater, but I don't think I'd put up with cold, low viz California water if I wasn't seeing fish.

Shell collecting.

I like weightlessness. The experience of being perfectly balanced, hanging in the water, moving nothing, and rising and falling gently with my breath, is something unique and irreplaceable. Sharing the dive with others with impeccable skills, and watching their grace in the water, is the frosting.

That diving permits seeing amazing, colorful landscapes full of wildlife, or stunning sculptures of stone in places almost no one has ever been, is just gravy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom