What do you do for a living?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a professional mixologist that has worked on a cruise boat, presently working at a 4 star hotel and also am on call to work at major movie studios and all the movie, tv and music award shows.

Oh yeah, I am also called a bartender.

Petal Pusher...AKA Horticulturist...I grow 10,000+ sq feet of flowers and vegetables for 6 months per year and then head for the tropics to relax the other 6 and dive my butt off...Life has been good to me :wink:

I think a job many of us have failed to mention is part time mom's and dad's. I take a lot of my pride in how I raise my kids and my dive shop manager (my best friend) is just waiting for them to enter the dive realm. In fact he's working on a micra with a binky inserted into it for my newborn. My DUI Test Diver (my fav hat) off to all of the peeps who take care of their children whether they work outside the home or not. Cheers (with my LDS's fav margarita, that I make) to all ya'll.....if you can find time to dive, be a parent and work at a job, you are giving it all that you can give...

darylm74:
I think a job many of us have failed to mention is part time mom's and dad's. I take a lot of my pride in how I raise my kids and my dive shop manager (my best friend) is just waiting for them to enter the dive realm. In fact he's working on a micra with a binky inserted into it for my newborn. My DUI Test Diver (my fav hat) off to all of the peeps who take care of their children whether they work outside the home or not. Cheers (with my LDS's fav margarita, that I make) to all ya'll.....if you can find time to dive, be a parent and work at a job, you are giving it all that you can give...

Daryl, what a thoughtful post. I know there has to be lots of parents on the board that also work full-time...plus taking care of the scuba addiction. I'm a single mom (2 kids: 7 & 4 yrs old) and work full-time as a family law and personal injury paralegal. As of yesterday at 530pm I had already put in a forty hour week. In other words....I have two kids at home I take care of, and three at work that I cater too as well. :D

Mel

Farmer. Started out working the cornfields of SW Ohio. Went to Hawaii to play golf year round after studying horticulture and ended up on a prawn farm. 28 years later...still growing shrimp.

chairperson of the multimedia arts department at a local university... teach video production particularly

write and direct corporate videos on a freelance basis...

occassional hosting gigs on TV and on stage for shows and beach volley events...

media prostitute the rest of the time...

Jag

Physical Therapist during the day
Dad and husband all the time
The BANK OF DAD - for my child at Ga Tech

Back
Top Bottom