What do you consider cold?

What do you consider "cold"?

• Not until you need tools to get to it.

Votes: 65 20.7%
  • 40F

Votes: 92 29.3%
  • 50F

Votes: 62 19.7%
  • 60F

Votes: 51 16.2%
  • 70F

Votes: 39 12.4%
  • 80F

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • 98.6F

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with Amber
anything less than tropical is cold.

if you need a bathing suit it is cold

Sorry to lower the quality of the humour but the answer is obvious.

. . . Warm as toast even after an hour in the arctic in a well-insulated dry suit using dry, well-insulated gloves/mits and, perhaps a full face mask.

. . . Relatively hypothermic after 30 minutes in the Caribbean using only a swimsuit.

Whether the diver experiences cold depends on the quaility of the environmental suit he/she uses, is that not so?:eek:ut:
dc4bs once confessed

We left the cars running with the heat on full blast while we dove and had towels on the seats so when we came out, we dumped the gear in the plastic tubs in the back of my blazer and just jumped straight in and headed for hot showers at home.
and you didn't get DCI!:confused::D

My wife thinks i am "nuto" but i enjoy diving all year around ,including the wintertime here in the northeast .
I have been to my favorite dive destination in January when the temp is about 20 de F. with the chill factor around -5 de. below zero. I don my 10 mill wetsuit gloves & hood and try to find a spot at my car were i can break the wind to suitup. The average water temp is in the 40's f. which isn't to bad.
The only thing that did worry me was a slight chance were my reg would freeze up. Thank god it didn't.
Other than that i was warm and what else could you wish for a day of good diving.... "MAYBE FLA'.....ILMAO

Safe diving to ya all......:wink:

I don't know how cold is too cold yet. My computer did record a cold current of 79° on at 90 feet, down from the 82° on the rest of dive. :D

But it is supposed to get into the mid 70's here in January.

Marc

Ok, after reading 5 pages of "Cold" I've come to the conclusion that most of the people on this board are NUTS!!!

that's all
Bob
of course, that's only my opinion :)

well now that we know what cold is how about not cold

here is a picture of me at 102 feet deep the water temp is 91 degrees

Many years ago four Glasgow city elders were discussing the attributes of their town. The poverty is terrible said the one, the violence is shocking said another, it rains all the time said a third. Aye but its no cold enough, said the fourth, so they moved to Nova Scotia.

For Europeans

F - C
40 4.4
50 10
60 15.5
70 21.1
80 26.7
90 32.2
98.6 37

I've been in 4C about 38F :eek: . That was in a dry suit. COLD.
I much prefer 20C+/72F+

But I'm a wuss.
Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom