What do women want for christmas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xoomboy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering what you girls are hoping to get for christmas -- I'm looking for some neat ideas for my (new!) wife. Of course, EVERYONE wants diving gear, but I'm also looking for non-diving ideas if you have any.

Thanks!

Matt

What about a set of Paul Humann ID books? I just bought the new edition 3 book set on Amazon.com for $84. These books are priceless for learning the fish, creatures and coral that we see.

What did you do with the old wife? Rule #1 Jewelry Rule #2 Jewelry etc etc etc

Does she do photography? Get her something along those lines. Or perhaps a 'point and squirt' camera to start her off. Arty crafty stuff too if she's good at making things. Embroidry, quilling, ribbon work and so on. Again, if she's a beginner or wants to try it and hasn't, then I'm sure the sales people will be more than able to advise you. Good luck! Dive safely.

although gta is right -- jewelry, jewelry, jewelry! -- i want what i NEED:

* money to pay my dog's vet bills
* a new computer
* a kayak rack/stand for my truck
* airline tickets to a great dive spot (including a ticket for you)

is she into clothes? a former b/f once gave me a black leather jacket, a grand gesture. once he gave me a down comforter, equally grand.

what are her hobbies - equipment is always good? and do YOU do any crafts? something homemade always touches me -- make her a jewelry box, do her portrait....

good luck!

We've been talking about getting some things together for our house, but I really want to get her a couple of presents just for her.

I'm definitely thinking a nice piece of jewelry -- maybe some sort of necklace. Or maybe a stylin' leather coat, that's a great idea. Our camera is out being serviced right now, *sniff-sniff*, and I'm hoping to have it back by Christmas.

I always think that gift certificates to stores and places are a little cheesy, but maybe one for a trip to the local day spa would be good?

Thanks!

Matt

xoomboy once bubbled...
I always think that gift certificates to stores and places are a little cheesy, but maybe one for a trip to the local day spa would be good?

A generic gift certificate [like a specific spa package] is a decent idea, but I'd steer well away from monetary based gift certificates, it "blatently shows I'm not in your thoughts enough!".

Being from New England... a safe bet is always wool socks and sweaters....

I once got wool socks and shearling slippers (my feet are always cold). Those were some of the best gifts ever!

A pair of SNOW SKI'S! We're leaving tomorrow to try them out at Steamboat Springs, Colorado! I've only been skiing 5 or 6 times in my life but I love my gift! Still doesn't beat the engagement ring I got last year (along with the 5 months to plan the wedding) but it's close!
Ber :bunny:

Enjoy Steamboat Springs, it's a ball! Ali and I have friends there who have a great house right near the slopes. Great skiing! Your engagement sounds like ours -- 6 months, from May 19th to November 9th! :)

I'll toss in some thick wool or fleece socks -- seems like they're greatly appreciated!

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom