What do women want for christmas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GTADiver once bubbled...
What did you do with the old wife? Rule #1 Jewelry Rule #2 Jewelry etc etc etc

When in doubt .... Jewelry can never be wrong!:wink:

Hey, body jewelry isn't necessarly just for the ladies.

Chad

ckharlan66 once bubbled...

Chad

Anyone got any experience traveling (airline) with body jewelry? I have this vision of emptying my pockets, etc. and setting off alarms. Any idea how big a ring can be before the alarms ring or if titanium or niobium rings would pass easier than stainless?

Kent

ckharlan66 once bubbled...

Chad

But Chad, this thread was about a guy asking advice on what to get his new wife for Christmas, man! :eek:ut: But now you have raised an intereting question. :wink: What kind of body jewelry would you like? I'll see what I can do. :smirk:

I was just pointing out that it could be appropriate of a wider varity of people. :D

Thank you for the offer but I have all I need right now, and I will leave it at that. :D

Dumplin'

A small SSS piece won't set off the alarms. I don't know about a larger one, or about titanium/niobium.

What WILL set off the alarms (since this is a women's issues forum :wink:) is the freakin' underwire in a bra.....

Speaking from embarrassed recent experience....

:banging:

(My, but we've gotten off topic!)

Groundhog246 once bubbled...

Anyone got any experience traveling (airline) with body jewelry? I have this vision of emptying my pockets, etc. and setting off alarms. Any idea how big a ring can be before the alarms ring or if titanium or niobium rings would pass easier than stainless?

Kent

That whole issue with airline metal detectors is highly variable. I have three very large stainless steel pins in one hip. -- If you wand my hip with a metal detector, they will set it off -- but they never do with just a walk through metal detector.

However... if I set off the walk through with a barrette or metal belt -- then the wand will go off on the bra underwires, the bra hook and eyes, the bra strap rings, and jeans zipper.

Even though I have had my hip "wanded " several times, and the alarm goes off.... with no obvious clothing metal in that area, no one has EVER asked me about it.

They have opened my carry on and made me remove that batteries from my camera strobe while not even bothering to opne the lead bag with my film that could easily be carrying something quite dangerous.

On the other hand, I have also had my cosmetics case examined item by item, including holding the individual tampons up to the light.

So, in my opinion, airport activity is highly variable, and generally not particularly rationale. I still fly, and generally just 'grin and bear it'. (so to speak)

Liz

ladycute1 once bubbled...
So, in my opinion, airport activity is highly variable, and generally not particularly rationale. I still fly, and generally just 'grin and bear it'. (so to speak)
Liz

Thanks. Haven't flown for quite a while (pre-piercing), but hopefully will fly somewhere warm, soon. Guess I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope I don't have to "bare" it. :blush:

And now back to our regularly scheduled topic. My wife has never 'frowned' upon jewelry or nice lingerie (stuff she will wear) :) BIG NO NO would be appliances :bonk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom