What do Safe Divers do that Unsafe Divers don't?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know; I think I could laugh hysterically at that sponge at any depth!

I think the bottom line is that what safe divers do that unsafe divers don't can be summed up in one word: THINK.

I'm laughing at the sponge on land!

Divers who THINK are certainly way ahead of divers who don't.

The consensus amongst my friends was that it looked like Cookie Monster. I still laugh when I look at that pic. :p One thing I would actually like to add to this is never think that just because the crew set up your equipment, that they did it right. I encountered this in Cozumel, they didn't put my tank strap on properly, and it was my buddy who fixed it when we were doing checks. I would much rather set up my own kit than have someone else handle it. And yes, always think. Sometimes on others' behalf's.

One thing I would actually like to add to this is never think that just because the crew set up your equipment, that they did it right.

No one is touching or setting up my equipment. That might sound like I am an ass, but it ain't happening. My gear, my life, keep your hands off. :)

No one is touching or setting up my equipment. That might sound like I am an ass, but it ain't happening. My gear, my life, keep your hands off. :)
That's what my tender is for. You haven't lived till you know the joy of having someone who is specifically trained to deal with your gear, exactly the way you want your gear dealt with so that all you have to do is sit there and think about the task at hand.

That's what my tender is for. You haven't lived till you know the joy of having someone who is specifically trained to deal with your gear, exactly the way you want your gear dealt with so that all you have to do is sit there and think about the task at hand.

I think your situation is a little different then mine. I don't want some "tender" on a dive boat touching my stuff. I have a system, I love touching my gear, caressing my gear. Oh damn, I think I need to go touch my gear now. :)

I think your situation is a little different then mine. I don't want some "tender" on a dive boat touching my stuff. I have a system, I love touching my gear, caressing my gear. Oh damn, I think I need to go touch my gear now. :)
Wow just don't touch your junk!

I wish I could have a tender on every dive boat ... unfortunately I can not, so sometimes I have to setup and don my own gear, feels kinda like a toreador who is on welfare, who can't afford a valet, and is trying to stage a comeback.:D

To borrow a much used quote from other risk activities (aviation, paragliding, mounteneering ect), there old divers, there are bold divers, but there are no old bold divers. I strive to become an old bald diver ^^.

requin

I strive to become an old bald diver

It ain't all it's cracked up to be ... I'd much rather be younger ... and have hair ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom