What do most Scuba divers do for a living?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been working as a healthcare administrator/CEO for nearly 20 years. I had always wanted to fly, so I became a private pilot. I've always wanted to dive, so now I am in the process of getting Certified along with my 10 year old son.

Fortunately, I only work Mon - Thurs, which will give me plenty of time to take advantage of our local and regional dive sites.

My wife has her own business, which keeps her so busy, she won't even notice I'm gone until I'm too deep to receive any cell phone calls! :rofl3:

I took up diving later in life, so fortunately I had a career that I was able to walk away from last year. However,it has it's pros and cons. I can't do a lot of travelling that I used to do when I was making an income. However, my life quality has gotten better. I now "work" as a DM and am going for Instructor. Sacrifices are being made to make the quality of my life better. The lack of money more than makes up for the happiness and tranquility that now comprise my style of life.

I am a defense contractor. I used to be in the Army, then later became a police officer.
I decided that I wanted a transferable job skill that paid well, so I went to machinist school and later to structural repair school (sheet metal).
I've been a contractor pretty much ever since.

Now I have highly transferable job skills that pay well. :wink:
I try to stay as close to diving locations as I can.

-Mitch

I've been practicing law since 1986, first as a prosecutor and now as a criminal defense attorney.

Comes in handy when I run into sharks. We don't bite each other out of professional courtesy.

I can laugh at this due to my earlier opinions of lawyers as a group, now as a SO of a former county prosecuter....lol

I'm a Radiologic Technologist specializing in Computed Axial Tomography aka Cat Scan, in the field 22yrs. Diving and Shark Conservation is my escape from the reality of the drama and trauma of the hospital. :)

Happy diving!
Carolyn:shark2:

I've been practicing law since 1986, first as a prosecutor and now as a criminal defense attorney.

Comes in handy when I run into sharks. We don't bite each other out of professional courtesy.

I love it :)

I know someone who wants to do what you do for a living. Is it stressful? Do you enjoy it?

I've been working as a healthcare administrator/CEO for nearly 20 years. I had always wanted to fly, so I became a private pilot. I've always wanted to dive, so now I am in the process of getting Certified along with my 10 year old son.

Fortunately, I only work Mon - Thurs, which will give me plenty of time to take advantage of our local and regional dive sites.

My wife has her own business, which keeps her so busy, she won't even notice I'm gone until I'm too deep to receive any cell phone calls! :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom