What dives are you doing this summer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_paula:
Primalchaos,

A couple places to find some good 'all level' wrecks in Michigan and the surrounding area are Western Lake Erie, Munising, Lower Sanilac and lowef Lake Michigan.

Paula

For lower Lake Michigan, are there any good ones close to the Ludington - Grand Haven stretch of beach?

When you click on the numbers it will give you information about the wreck. Yes there are some close to shore for instance #40 (Maid of the Mist) is in six to eight feet. Thunder Bay Island has wrecks and debris laying all around also a limestone wall that goes down 50 to 70 feet, same as Middle Island including a sinkhole.

also if you click on the name of the ship most will have a pictures

Mike

primalchaos:
For lower Lake Michigan, are there any good ones close to the Ludington - Grand Haven stretch of beach?

You've picked an area I haven't dived. Here's a website that may help. Click on 'S.W. Michigan Preserve'.

mlakin:
When you click on the numbers it will give you information about the wreck. Yes there are some close to shore for instance #40 (Maid of the Mist) is in six to eight feet. Thunder Bay Island has wrecks and debris laying all around also a limestone wall that goes down 50 to 70 feet, same as Middle Island including a sinkhole.

also if you click on the name of the ship most will have a pictures

Mike

Very cool. Some nice pictures of the sites. Since we're up there camping, we should have a couple of days to look around :)

primalchaos:
The biggest fun this year for us is learning new things and getting more experience in the water.
PC

I had my first night (limited vis) dive with the lds Saturday. Very cool, I couldn't believe how close you could get to the fish. The water was pretty clear below 15ft, so there was alot to look at.

PC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom