What dives are you doing this summer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

primalchaos:
My wife will get her OW done by the end of June, and it looks like we will be going with the LDS on a Quarry marathon (Gilboa, White Star, Portage) weekend in June. Hopefully Mermit Springs end of July, but we normally camp that week, so it's still up for grabs.

The biggest fun this year for us is learning new things and getting more experience in the water. We are going to try to make a weekly outing, if it is no more than run the nav course or count fish after work :) (The LDS is about 4 minutes from home with lake behind it)

Hopefully there will be some GLWC get togethers this summer.

PC
If have any say in the matter there will be at least one more run to Port Sanilac and/or Alpena. Also, I have a season pass at Gilboa if anyone can find a time that I am not busy and wants to dive.

primalchaos:
Hopefully Mermit Springs end of July, but we normally camp that week, so it's still up for grabs.

PC
You can camp at Mermet.

I'll be hanging around home (Alpena) for the Summer, don't plan on doing to much traveling.

diverbrian:
If have any say in the matter there will be at least one more run to Port Sanilac and/or Alpena. Also, I have a season pass at Gilboa if anyone can find a time that I am not busy and wants to dive.

We will be at Gilboa June 25, 26, or 27th. I'll make sure to post the day as we get closer, but I think it will be the 25th from what I am hearing. Where do you go in Alpena? We camp up there often.

...are to dive the Regina the end of May with the guys. The last weekend in June, Dave and I are headed to Tobermory to dive with the kids from Divers Den for a couple days. Other plans are up in the air. Will be on vacation 24 July to 4 August and going to the Yoop with the wife and trailer. Will try to get a dive in at Munising while up there, and maybe a couple other dives if I get the chance. No solid plans for other trips. I'd like to get up to the straits for a weekend and Dave and I are talking about a trip to Traverse City for a weekend of beach diving, as he was raised there and knows all the 'cool' places to dive.

Dives that I have done...

April 3 Haigh Quarry
April 24-May 1 San Salvador, Bahamas
May 8 Pearl Lake

So far, the only thing that is planned is AOW on June 12-13.

Other than that, all the other weekends are wide open for weekend dives, trips, roadtrips, etc.

primalchaos:
We will be at Gilboa June 25, 26, or 27th. I'll make sure to post the day as we get closer, but I think it will be the 25th from what I am hearing. Where do you go in Alpena? We camp up there often.
I normally stay at the Dew Drop Inn on French Road. There are a couple of nice restraunts in town that I eat at and the rest of the time is spent at the marina or on Capt. Randy's boats diving wrecks.

Let me know if you think that we could six people together to dive that area one of these weekends. I haven't had a chance to dive the E.B. Allen yet and love the Grecian.

diverbrian:
I normally stay at the Dew Drop Inn on French Road. There are a couple of nice restraunts in town that I eat at and the rest of the time is spent at the marina or on Capt. Randy's boats diving wrecks.

Let me know if you think that we could six people together to dive that area one of these weekends. I haven't had a chance to dive the E.B. Allen yet and love the Grecian.

Sometime in late August or early September. Won't have time before that I don't think. But an afternoon dive is just a 3 hour drive from the house here in F'muth. Keep me on you list....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom