What dives are you doing this summer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd:
on diving in Mackinac Straits in August. Not sure at this time what wrecks we will dive. Had a great time there last year in August.

Has anyone dove the Regina?

Yep

jbd:
on diving in Mackinac Straits in August. Not sure at this time what wrecks we will dive. Had a great time there last year in August.

Has anyone dove the Regina?
I dove the Regina last weekend.

Info and photos are in this thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t55983.html

I'll be in every qaurry, lake, pond, mud puddle I can find until either I become a permanent prune, or my wife finally says she's had enough.

dajmitch:
I'll be in every qaurry, lake, pond, mud or my wife finally says she's had enough.

Kind of reminds me of that country song if I go fishing one more time she is going to leave me. Except in this case replace fishing with diving. God I'm going to Miss her!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diverbrian:
I normally stay at the Dew Drop Inn on French Road. There are a couple of nice restraunts in town that I eat at and the rest of the time is spent at the marina or on Capt. Randy's boats diving wrecks.

Let me know if you think that we could six people together to dive that area one of these weekends. I haven't had a chance to dive the E.B. Allen yet and love the Grecian.

How challenging are those two?

primalchaos:
How challenging are those two?
I named those two specifically because they aren't that bad. The Grecian is at about 90 ft. (the stern to the sand) and wide open for exploration due to the ship breaking in half when they tried salvage her.

The E.B. Allen is a little deeper (92-106 ft. according to Chris Kohl). It is supposed to be in great shape and a pretty old wreck.

Bottom line is that these are wrecks for advanced divers, but certainly doable for an advanced diver who is relatively used to cold water. These are both "cold" wrecks and a little deep, but very nice for most divers. "Tech" training and/or gear is not required for these wrecks.

diverbrian:
Bottom line is that these are wrecks for advanced divers, but certainly doable for an advanced diver who is relatively used to cold water. These are both "cold" wrecks and a little deep, but very nice for most divers. "Tech" training and/or gear is not required for these wrecks.

I think that both might be out of our reach as yet. The cold shouldn't be a problem, but until we have a good feel for what we're comfortable with, that might be a little too deep for us. We'll make it there someday :)

Primalchaos,

A couple places to find some good 'all level' wrecks in Michigan and the surrounding area are Western Lake Erie, Munising, Lower Sanilac and lowef Lake Michigan.

Paula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom