What dives are you doing this summer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juls64

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm getting excited. Will do my first 'DRY' Lake Michigan dive on the last weekend of May. We're going to the Milwaukee Car Ferry. This will be a new one for me and I'm pretty excited.

Then In July, we are scheduled to go with Captain Mike at N'Pursuit for a couple of days of 2 tank dives. Hubby & I will take our 2 teens and a friend/instructor from our LDS will join us with his teen. It should be a lot of fun.

Got other stuff going with dive club as well, will do the Willy and a couple others.

Anybody else got plans made yet?

Share with us.

Juls

Juls64:
I'm getting excited. Will do my first 'DRY' Lake Michigan dive on the last weekend of May. We're going to the Milwaukee Car Ferry. This will be a new one for me and I'm pretty excited.

Then In July, we are scheduled to go with Captain Mike at N'Pursuit for a couple of days of 2 tank dives. Hubby & I will take our 2 teens and a friend/instructor from our LDS will join us with his teen. It should be a lot of fun.

Got other stuff going with dive club as well, will do the Willy and a couple others.

Anybody else got plans made yet?

Share with us.

Juls

I plan on doing the Willy a couple times this year also. I will also be out With Cap Mike for a few shallower dives before the algea blooms.
Haven't been to the straits yet and hope to do that as well.

Tim

on diving in Mackinac Straits in August. Not sure at this time what wrecks we will dive. Had a great time there last year in August.

Has anyone dove the Regina?

jbd:
on diving in Mackinac Straits in August. Not sure at this time what wrecks we will dive. Had a great time there last year in August.

Has anyone dove the Regina?

Yeah Im diving the regina in the Last weekend in May. I'm doing a couple of dives on May 9th the Mary Alice B. and the Col. Williams should be a good warm up to the season Also thinking of going to Tobermory with my local dive shop and maybe the straits of Machinaw

I've got a busy season planned. Several local lake and quarry dives. Full weekend, single weekend days and a few weeknights after work.

Charters planned include Kingston, Mackinaw, The Wexford, Lake Erie / Wheatley, Sanilac a couple times, Whitefish Point, The Thumb, and perhaps second charters in Kingston and Mackinaw later in the season. I'm still torn betweek my 20th H.S. reunion Labor Day weekend vs. Tobermory. It's a toss up at the moment.

Whew! Tired all ready.
Paula

The wife and I will be in Joplin, Mo. on Memroial weekend to do our certification dives. I then have a list of local lake dive and one fast water river dive planed with local dive shopes here.
In Sept. of this year the wife and I will be crusing to Grand Caymen,Cozumel,Belize and Costa Maya. Will be expecting some great diving.

Be Safe
jafo

I dive pretty much every weekend during the not-frozen months, most of the time locally (Chicago/Milwaukee) but have a number of trips planned to a variety of destinations:

Two Rivers, WI (June)
Mackinaw City, MI (July)
Paradise, MI (July)
Morehead City, NC (August)
Tobermory, ON (September)
Rossport, ON (September)
Rimouski, QB (October)
Bonaire, NA (December)​
Dive season is here, it's time to get wet. Next stop, Haigh Quarry in Kankakee for a tune-up next Saturday.

Charter w/Capt. Mike June 12-13, a few trips to Mermet and Haigh, and whatever else comes along.

Planning on nissouri caves may 15th
Florida CDF social Florida caves in Jul
Two Rivers In Sep
If everything goes just right maybe I'sle Royal. Lots of if's in this one.

Probably have to do some teaching inbetween
I'll play the rest by ear between Missouri and last minute great Lakes trips when oportunities and finances allow

Back
Top Bottom