What dive op do you use...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverG

Reached My 2nd Goal!
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What dive operation do you use and why do you like them? Are there any that you've wanted to try but haven't?

My last two trips to Cozumel I've used Dive with Martin. What initially drew me to them was good reports from the different message boards. I also found Martin to respond to my questions promptly. His customer service has been great, and I have had a great time diving with his divemasters. Oh yeah his operation is very economical on my wallet. LOL!!

The one op I haven't used yet is christi's Bluextsea. I hope to rectify that on my next trip. I wanted to use her in the past, but she was usually unavailable. I want to try her op out because she has rave reviews on this board and others.

I do feel like I'm in a quandry though because once I find something I like I'm very loyal, but I do want to try out Bluextsea. Maybe I'll just have to split both dive ops on this trip. :)

Anybody have some input? I really would like to know where and who in Coz also. I'm low budget and low maint. I hope this is within the scope of this thread.

Carl

This post comes up on a regular basis. If you do don't get a lot of responses, do a quick search and you'll see a lot of opinions.

That being said, my favorite dive operator is Aldora. They are definitely not low budget. I like them because I get grouped with divers of similar experience to mine, very long bottom times, advanced dive sites, surface intervals at a beach resort.

I would like to try Liquid Blue and Blue XTSea.

My wife and I dove with Blue XT Sea in the beginning of December and we have nothing but great things to say about Christi's operation. They use small fast boats 6 divers max. The service before, during, and after is exceptional. Christi also helped us tremendously in finding a place to stay after the Allegro, where we were supposed to stay, was closed by Wilma. You get to dive your own profiles and choose the sites that your going to dive. We will use Christi whenever we head to Coz in the future.
Additionally earlier last year when we had to cancel our trip due to medical reasons, Christi was extremely accommodating in the face of extenuating circumstances. In a situation were other ops would have said sorry you lose, Christi was very understanding and worked with us. This it itself has earned her our patronage for life.
If there are any specifics about her op that you like to know about ask and I'll try to answer if I can.

Christi is my first choice dive operator. I would like to myself one of her friends rather than just a customer.

A close second would be Liquid Blue.

Without planning it, I have also used Caribbean Divers. They have a large, slow boat, that was able to go out during a Norté when the small boats couldn't.

Over the years I have tried several....

The last three have been with Troy's Pelagic Ventures exclusively.

Why,it first appears the PV is a bit more expensive than some of the others. What you do get is your choice of dive site,regardless of where it is, you name it,period. Of course the others on the boat must have close to the same experience but it's usually "No worries".

They have two boats,one smaller than the other.Both fast and have two motors,something you should consider if you want to go to the north end of the island.

Troy himslef is a former Canadian that is now Mexican. :)
The crew speak english fluently,and Miguel "DM" has a vast range of experience including diving the Great Lakes of Canada for wrecks,Certified Cave,I believe and ran the dives on a live-a-board for a number of years before comming back to Coz.

These guys are friendly,safe,and will go out of their way to make sure you have a great time!

They are pretty much by referal,and please feel free to use my name when you call.

Ron

We've used Papa Hoggs for several trips when staying at Villablanca, and Blue Angel when booking packages with Caribe Blu. Both have been very good ops for us, with small fast 6 packs and excellent DM's. When we can work it out, we also use Scuba With Alison. Alison has a great boat & staff, and she's a blast to dive with. One of these years we'll manage to meet up with Christi & Blue XT Sea, the timing has just never worked yet ....

I'm not sure I get the attraction to fast boats as mentioned in several posts. The times I've been on larger boats I've been much more comfortable and still dove the great sites. And with everyone making sure they're well hydrated there's usually a line outside the head after the dive.
Scuba Club is pretty good and I like Deep Blue, but my hunch is, sometimes it's more about the DM you get than the dive op.
Rex

Were going to use them again this April until conference was moved from Cozumel to Grand Bahama Island :-(

Paul in VT

ScubaTony- 6 pax boat only. Max bottom time on both dives and will go anywhere you want. Tony is awesome. He even came out to the Occ. Grand to pick us up instead of having us meet him in town. I haven't dove with Christi yet, but someday in the future seeing as how we won't make it back this year.

Melissa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom