What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, snorkels.

I found the Avid Snorkel (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=AvidSnorkel) completely useless (OK, it sucks), and it now just sits in my bag.

Even if it was good, I like many others purchased a snorkel because that's what it taught in the Open Water course. Well when I realised I never had a need to use the snorkel, I promptly deposited into the bottom of my scuba bag where it remains.

My Akona7mm back zip wetsuit. Now I know how my wife always felt when she would ask me to "zip me up".

A compass of ebay////it was only 16 bucks but it was to small to fit into my consoul. Bought a new consoul from Scuba toys with only the compass and pressure guage. Where my computer on my wrist.

SDdiver1:
Scubapro SONIC regulator, bought in '72. It had a low pressure alert, below 900psi which was very irritating. It made a loud noise and vibrated. My buddy got a laugh, sold it after two dives to a guy on a boat who thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
saw one just sell on ebay for over 200 dollars

Lorellei:
What are spring clips?
-L

I've not heard of them called spring clips, but spring straps. These are stainless steel springs that replace your heel straps on your fins. Reduces a failure point plus provides added ease in putting on, and removing your fins.

I personally love them.

1) Sub-Duck noisemaker--had to honk it repeatedly to get anybody's attention, and besides, the extra length it added to the LP hose made the hose longer than the inflater hose of the BC, which bothered me.

2) WetNotes--tech instructor insisted on them for annotating deco stops, etc., but first the cover kept floating off, and then the brittle plastic binding system of the booklet part broke, link by link, eventually making all the pages flap around, loose at the top and bottom. It was an awful distraction when I already had to deal with sufficient task-loading. A small slate tucked between the bp and my back would have worked better (and has since).

3) Camaro 4mm Titanium semi-dry wetsuit--an expensive wetsuit bought at an exhibit discount at a dive show; I tried it on, it seemed to fit, but later found that it chokes me when I'm climbing a ladder back onto a boat to the point that I vomit. I've decided it's too short in the legs or torso or something. Even tried to have the neck altered, but that didn't help enough. Now it lives in the leftover gear section of my storage room.

i bought the dive trac sport underwater nav system blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom