What did you buy but eventually replaced?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like many, I replaced my jacket bcd with a bp/w. Lots of pairs of gloves with more comfortable or flexible gloves, hood with hooded vest, masks I search of one that won't flood. But I learned with what I had so no regrets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only thing I regret buying (and subsequently replaced) was an off-brand soft jacket BC. No matter what I did, the tank flopped around like a dying fish . . .

- Tim

Going to replace my BC after a year of diving. Mine is ok, but it doesn't fit with my dry suit. And the one flimsy pocket no longer zips. I love the style as far as back inflate though.

Pretty much everything has been replaced at least once, many 5 times over (except the drysuit, yet).
Of most importance, I replaced my now X-dive buddy, with a kinder gentler dive buddy. :hugs:

:ijs:

OK, so I didn't come clean the first time. I also bought a new reg set. I still have the other one so I didn't really replace it just bought another one. My original purchase was a Sherwood SR1, (didn't have a single problem with it BTW). I had a nice bonus and decided the Scubapro MK25/A700 would be nice because of the metal A700. I use the second stage from the SR1 as my octo. It makes me happy, both work very nicely. I also traded my original jacket BC for a back inflate. Never had anything I really disliked with the jacket, I just liked the rip cord system on the Zeagle and the fact that it was more adjustable. It makes me happy. I tried a belt a couple of times, I have nothing to keep the belt from falling off so a belt just doesn't work for me. I also bought a second pair of fins. The first set, which I still own and have no intentions of getting rid of, was a pair of Tusa expert zooms. I also replaced the regular straps with spring straps. I saw the Nova Sea Wings and tried them in the pool, they were great, and besides they just look cool. They make me happy. I don't think anybody buys their 1st set of gear and dives it the rest of their diving life. There is always a desire to try something different. Kind of like golf, there is always another club that might work better, you never know until you try.

Last edited:
I don't replace - I amass. Or is it hoarding? Yes, it's hoarding. Someday they'll find me dead under a pile of scuba gear but I guarantee I'll have a smile on my face surrounded by mounds of toys. Yet I honestly love just about everything I have.

Except my Tusa split fins.

After I tore an ACL and meniscus, they hurt like the dickens to use. So I bought myself a pair of Force Fins and fell madly in love with them. Total happiness.

I don't replace - I amass. Or is it hoarding? Yes, it's hoarding. Someday they'll find me dead under a pile of scuba gear but I guarantee I'll have a smile on my face surrounded by mounds of toys.
Me? only somewhat guilty as I do purge, give-away, or sell used gear.
Netdoc? A Scuba version of Hoarders meets Storage Wars. :rofl2:

A man after my own SCUBA heart. He who dies with the most toys, right?

I regret replacing my jet fins for force fins........ Still only use the Jet fins.... Love Jet Fins.......

Forgot, I changed out my clear skirt mask when it started to yellow with black skirt. Not too unhappy because means had enough use my clear mask to actually yellow. Now, little wiser and won't have to worry with black skirt.

Back
Top Bottom